• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
http://backpagefootball.com/premier-league/to-russia-with-love/

"Peter Odemwingie’s £2million summer move from Lokomtiv Moscow to West Bromwich Albion has attracted a little more attention than it normally would.

His departure from Lokomotiv this summer sparked celebrations from fans in the Russian capital who were less than discreet about their feelings, revealing a banner depicting a banana and the words “Thanks West Brom” at a recent home game."

"Odemwingie became an instant fans’ favourite at The Hawthorns, scoring the winner against Sunderland on his debut. As a show of support for the player, the West Brom fans have put together a carefully planned response with a banner thanking Lokomotiv for Odemwingie to be unveiled at this weekend’s game against Tottenham Hotspur."

A great article and a heartwarming story. Shows the real heart and acceptance that English football fans display. I salute these West Brom fans - you do us proud indeed.

Odemwingie1-700x147.jpg

absolutely ******* disgusting to think the game still has these problems and i salute WBA for doing this just the best response ever. I hope for this that Odemwingie has a decent carear in England.

It happens alot in Russia but not alot to Chidi Odiah who plays for CSKA he has been there a good 5 years i believe so. It needs to be stamped out.

Quality stuff from the WB fans.

The first time that I saw/heard racism in full throttle was when England played Spain in a friendly a number of years back, was absolutely disgraceful to hear the some of the abuse coming from the Spanish fans.

Let's kick racism out of football.

first time i heard proper racism in football was a few years ago when England played Spain, they made monkey noises whenever Wright-Phillips or Heskey touched the ball. Its a disgrace really, that this attitude is still around, hopefully it dies out in future generations.

excuse my french but there is no place in football for mindless ****** like that.

when i was at a Chelsea game once we drew 2-2 with Bolton. we were 2-0 up and Bolton clawed it back and scored a late equaliser from Raidi Jaidi and the person sitting next to me slung racial abuse as Jaidi ran past us celebrating.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

excuse my french but there is no place in football for mindless ****** like that.

Thats not French my son thats good old English.

Last edited:
Similar experience happened to me CJACKO, Was at Bristol Rovers vs Crystal Palace friendly, and alhassane n Diaye scored to make it 3-0, the guy next to me just hurled racial abuse at him, pretty stupid to be honest, Rovers are meant to have the best support in the lower leagues

when i was at a Chelsea game once we drew 2-2 with Bolton. we were 2-0 up and Bolton clawed it back and scored a late equaliser from Raidi Jaidi and the person sitting next to me slung racial abuse as Jaidi ran past us celebrating.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Thats not French my son that good old English.

im older than you by 6 years or so lol and i no, but to save a telling off i shall call it french ;)

On the other hand, these are isolated pockets of racism. No club would tolerate a racist banner here.

Disgusts me, racist pieces of **** there no better than Hitler

WBA :wub: for there part

I didnt see the spain vs england game, but two years after there were allegations that the spanish coach called Henry "a black ****" it seems to be the spanish which have the worst problems, UEFA were investigating it back in 2006 when the english sides played spanish sides, and racism was hurled at players, even in the La liga many teams were fined, they were hurling abuse at players like Roberto Carlos, and Samuel Eto i remember watching that game on TV it was digusting, he refused to continue and the game stopped, but continued after, and to be honest italy aint far behind, the media's been showing Juventus fans hurling racist abuse at Manchester City's new signing Balotelli last year and got a one match ban, even Inter's fans were accused of saying racist stuff to him. Im glad he left italy, and hopefully he can be a big success here, people digust me at how low they can go and for what? what do they achieve by being racist? laughs? May they die a painful and slow death, and rot in **** as far as im concerned.

Last edited:
hate racism so much and what makes it hurt me a bit is im related to some black people so all these ***** that are being racist about say black players are also being racist to some of my cousins etc and even if i wasnt related to some black people i would still find it disgusting racism shouldnt have any part not just in football but the world

Disgusts me, racist pieces of **** there no better than Hitler

WBA :wub: for there part

I didnt see the spain vs england game, but two years after there were allegations that the spanish coach called Henry "a black ****" it seems to be the spanish which have the worst problems, UEFA were investigating it back in 2006 when the english sides played spanish sides, and racism was hurled at players, even in the La liga many teams were fined, they were hurling abuse at players like Roberto Carlos, and Samuel Eto i remember watching that game on TV it was digusting, he refused to continue and the game stopped, but continued after, ughh, people digust me at how low they can go and for what? what do they achieve by being racist? laughs? May they die a painful and slow death, and rot in **** as far as im concerned.

Yes this is true former Spain manager Luis Aragones told then Arsenal Winger Reyes and i quote

. ''Tell that negro de mierda that you are much better than him. Don't hold back, tell him. Tell him from me. You have to believe in yourself, you're better than that negro de mierda''

Well played West Brom there, very well played. :)

That Lokomtiv banner makes me feel sick, there's just no need for that whatso ever.

But at least West Brom are sending them the right message back. :)

I never understand what people achieve from being racist though its a mystery, if its just for laughs..........WOW

Yes this is true former Spain manager Luis Aragones told then Arsenal Winger Reyes and i quote

. ''Tell that negro de mierda that you are much better than him. Don't hold back, tell him. Tell him from me. You have to believe in yourself, you're better than that negro de mierda''
where did you get this from, thats some harsh accusations

Hope he's a hit,

wish him all the best, remember celtic fans throwing bananas at Mark Walter :'(

Back