West Brom - January Transfer Window Help!

TAIZER

Reaction score
New here sorry in advance for any mistakes but anyway..

I am looking for a few player recommendations in the January transfer window / 2nd season
Give you a quick overview of my team / formation, The formation I play is 5-2-3 (WB) dont use wingers
3 Ball playing defenders, 2 Wing backs, Ball wining midfielder a Advanced playmaker 2 Complete forwards and 1 Target man

Started the season off as West Brom, 25m starting transfer budget looking to Avoid relegation currently sat in 9th in January, In the first transfer window I sold the likes of Evans 27m upfront 10m instalments & McClean 7.5m and brought in quite a few new faces

Moussa Dembele 20m
Moussa Marega 10m
Stuaro 6.5m
Perin 10m
Xados 8.5m
Tagliafico 1.1m
Pledl 1.1m (Loaned straight out to A.C Milan)
Smalling on Loan with a optional fee of 12.5m

so this is where the problems are

1) I’m in January and just sold Yacob to a Chinese club and Dawson to Southampton to fund buying Smalling Permanently and now Smalling isn’t interested in signing for WBA as I’m not in the Champions League so I got Chambers on Loan but that’s only a temporary fix

2)Foster is pestering me for first team football but he isn’t a good enough keeper when I have Perin so a young keeper that doesn’t mind being rotated but will be good enough to step in.

3) Rondon is on 60k a week a lot for a player that doesn’t score to many goals Marega and Dembele my main 2, a complete forward to replace Rondon

4) Any free transfers / Cheap players that could fit my team

thank you in advance!

So reccomendations for a Young GK who doesn’t mind being rotated, Premiership Ready CB a replacement for Rondon!

Moussa Marega isn't a very good deal, very bad First Touch and Technique, no Dribbling and low Decisions.

So, first if you need a cheap midfielder who can play box to box midfielder or deep lying playmaker. Nicola Vukcevic is the best cheapest midfielder you can find, but you have to appeal for work permit and you could lose. Ivaylo Chochev is cheap and good enough for West Brom. Ruben Perez from Granada has a 6M Euro free release clause.

If you need a ball wining midfielder then Konrad Laimer is cheap. Diego Demme has 12M free release. Jefferson Lerma could be under 10M Euro. Or you can use your Sam Field from Under 23 team.

As striker I can recommend you Dario Benedetto, cheap and good. You can have under 10M Uros Djurdjevic or Silvio Romero from America. If you are really poor then retrain your Oliver Burke fro U23 as striker. I bet he will be better than Marega.

Currently training Marega on his first touch he’s my top goal scorer originally brought in to play AMR at the start of the season, He may be gone in the summer replaced by some better suited options up front like you mentioned, especially Uros Djurdjevic
Sam Field and Burke are both out on loan unfortunately but I do rate them both! Wanted them playing consistently & Good idea retraining Burke as a striker.

Will take a look at all the other players mentioned to. Any reccomendations on Ball playing Centre backs? Cheers mate

Moussa Marega isn't a very good deal, very bad First Touch and Technique, no Dribbling and low Decisions.

So, first if you need a cheap midfielder who can play box to box midfielder or deep lying playmaker. Nicola Vukcevic is the best cheapest midfielder you can find, but you have to appeal for work permit and you could lose. Ivaylo Chochev is cheap and good enough for West Brom. Ruben Perez from Granada has a 6M Euro free release clause.

If you need a ball wining midfielder then Konrad Laimer is cheap. Diego Demme has 12M free release. Jefferson Lerma could be under 10M Euro. Or you can use your Sam Field from Under 23 team.

As striker I can recommend you Dario Benedetto, cheap and good. You can have under 10M Uros Djurdjevic or Silvio Romero from America. If you are really poor then retrain your Oliver Burke fro U23 as striker. I bet he will be better than Marega.

Cheapest Centre Back is Eric Mathoho, below 500K Euros. Jordan Torunarigha could be cheap, depending on who bought him in summer. If Luca Antei wasn't bought in the summer then you can obtain him less then 5M Euro. But the best deal is Edoardo Goldaniga. If he still is at Sassuolo you can buy him under 7-8M Euro.

on your u-teams, ther are some good young players liek: Leko, Harper, Tulloch and Field.

I find Randon as a great striker, and he is my main striker with a 25 goals for 31 games in the first season.

Is smalling for loan rest of the season or just to Januar? he may change his vies on staying later on.

Have you look at the Championship and the teams that went down after 1 season? ofte you can find some good value ther now.

maybe a player like Sander Berge will go to you, dont now the price for him, but he looks very good.

young GK: Antonio Sivera from Alvers, Joel Pereira from united and Kamil Grabara from Liverpool might go for a new club.

Try to get Kiki( sporting cp) or Ajer from celtic to your CD postion

For dmc/mc look at Ronaldo Vieira from leeds, Charles Ezeh from Lillestrøm or Chukwudi Agor from ASJ

Last edited:
Damemarvingt

Yeah loans dmost my youth out who had good potential, wanted them to get game time whilst I was messing round with formations. Fields is definately going to be in my squad for the second season. Smalling is on loan til the end of the season thankfully but January couldn’t obtain him, just wanted to get someone in just in case he didn’t join later on, will have a look at the sides that go down as there are a few teams floating around relegation Liverpool, Newcastle & Bournemouth off the top of my head.

Ajer is currently on loan at another prem team and from what I got From fM17 he’s class so I’ve been watching him, will also check out the other players mentioned thanks mate

on your u-teams, ther are some good young players liek: Leko, Harper, Tulloch and Field.

I find Randon as a great striker, and he is my main striker with a 25 goals for 31 games in the first season.

Is smalling for loan rest of the season or just to Januar? he may change his vies on staying later on.

Have you look at the Championship and the teams that went down after 1 season? ofte you can find some good value ther now.

maybe a player like Sander Berge will go to you, dont now the price for him, but he looks very good.

young GK: Antonio Sivera from Alvers, Joel Pereira from united and Kamil Grabara from Liverpool might go for a new club.

Try to get Kiki( sporting cp) or Ajer from celtic to your CD postion

For dmc/mc look at Ronaldo Vieira from leeds, Charles Ezeh from Lillestrøm or Chukwudi Agor from ASJ

Will definately take a look and see if they are at the original clubs, cheers for the players mate!

Cheapest Centre Back is Eric Mathoho, below 500K Euros. Jordan Torunarigha could be cheap, depending on who bought him in summer. If Luca Antei wasn't bought in the summer then you can obtain him less then 5M Euro. But the best deal is Edoardo Goldaniga. If he still is at Sassuolo you can buy him under 7-8M Euro.