West Bromwich Albion - Life after Hodgson..

• Thread starter Thread starter Thanaelsss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

Thanaelsss

Reaction score
Finding the new man..

As Roy Hodgson set off to the European Championships with England, West Brom chairman, Mickey Haynes, will be on the search for a new manager of his beloved Baggies.

Mick McCarthy and Roy Keane have been linked with the job at the Hawthorns and both have said that they would love to manage such a prestigious and ambitious club. Other people linked with the job are Steve Bruce, Roberto Martinez and, life-long Albion fan, Nathanael Roberts.

The announcement..

Today, in a press conference called by Mickey Haynes, the new manager of West Bromwich Albion, Nathanael Roberts, was unveiled. He vowed to take this club to title challengers within 5 seasons. Roberts seemed confident in his ability, as did Mickey Haynes. Haynes said "Nathanael will take this club from mid-table to title contenders as soon as possible. I believe he can do it, as does everyone else at West Brom." When asked whether he would be making changes to the club, he replied with a blunt; 'Yes.'

Transfers..

Nathanael Roberts was a very busy man in the transfer market with 4 players leaving the Baggies and 3 players coming in.

OUT:

Paul Scharner - (Wolverhampton Wanderers. £1.3m)
Simon *** - (West Ham United. £900k)
Craig Dawson - (Blackpool. £600k loan fee)
George Thorn - (MK Dons. £100k loan fee)

IN:

Rory Delap - (Stoke. £525k)
Gai Assulin - (Man. City. £250k loan fee)
Sylvain Ebanks-Blake - (Wolverhampton Wanderers. £3.5m)

Pre-Season..

With fixtures against Aberdeen, NAC Breda, MK Dons, Rangers & Aldershot announced, West Brom can be confident they will be able to pull off good results against their opponents.

Aberdeen 0 - 2 West Brom
Shane Long (2)

West Brom 5 - 1 NAC Breda
Jonas Olsonn Jonas Olsonn (OG)
Chris Brunt (2)
Shane Long
Rory Delap

West Brom 2 - 0 MK Dons
Chris Brunt
Shane Long

Rangers 3 - 3 West Brom
Steven Sylvain Ebanks-Blake (3)
Naismith (3)

West Brom 7 - 0 Aldershot
Sylvain Ebanks-Blake (4)
Shane Long (2)
Chris Brunt

Looking forward to the next update and how your first season will go :) im predicting 7th

Looking forward to the next update and how your first season will go :) im predicting 7th

I think, for the first season atleast, im going to do the whole season and then do a big update :)

Disaster..

This morning, Jerome Thomas broke our new-signing, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's, leg. Ebanks-Blake is, approximately, going to be out for the rest of the season. When Nathanael Roberts was asked whether he would be signing a new striker to replace Sylvan, he replied by saying 'I will need to think about a new man upfront and I'm looking at the possibility of bringing Hugo Rodallega to the club. I really admire Hugo and I believe that he would fit perfectly into the team.' Roberts continued to say; 'I will need to offload some more players to get the funds to buy Hugo.'

New transfer arrives.

Hugo Rodallega today arrived at the Hawthorns as he signed a contract that will keep him at the Baggies until June 2014. Wigan received £3 million and Gabriel Tamas for Hugo Rodallega. Some fans believe the deal for the Colombian is pointless as West Brom have already signed a striker in this window, but Nathanael Roberts believes Rodallega will be a star for West Brom this season.

Very decent signing! Unfortunate about Ebanks-Blake though but Rodallega is hardly a bad replacement!!

Very decent signing! Unfortunate about Ebanks-Blake though but Rodallega is hardly a bad replacement!!

Thanks man. I was so gutted about Ebanks-Blake, but then i got offered Rodallega and I took up the offer ;)

Back