West Ham 2nd season and other newly promoted sides

mwhitehorn07

Reaction score
so my West Ham side destroyed the championship and got promoted after one season. This will be my first save with a newly promoted team. Im wondering how many players it will be safe to offload and then bring in replacements for. Can i gut the whole team, there are a number of players who are not Premier League players.

Last year i signed Michel at RB for 6.75 million (US) and brought in Gibbs and Coquelin on loan, so mostly the same squad. Ravel Morrison was absolutely dominant for me at AML btw.

Ive got 17million (US) for the new season. I need a new striker and LB badly, as well as PL quality players at every position except for CM.

Basically, how much turnover is ok for the team, and any suggestions for players?

Well if you want to survive I'd suggest you keep your core players. Collison is a beast so don't let him go. If you can keep at least 4 or 5 of your starting XI and move some weaker ones to the bench and fill in the holes.

I usually find it's best to buy ex-prem players rather than trying to bring from oversea's especially with a newly promoted squad. Look for seasoned vets or some fringe players at bigger clubs you have enough funds to bring in a solid 5-6 players.

If you sell say 8 mil worth of your own fringe players you could bring in 10 players easily. Be smart with the cash and don't throw it away on one single player improve the squad overall rather than just a single position.

Players worth a look - Luuk de Jong, Jack Cork, Darwin Quintero, Look for any player who's contract is up (ESPECIALLY JUNIOR HOLLIET!!!!!!!)

Back