West Ham - An unlikely Takeover?

• Thread starter Thread starter Riddick87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

Riddick87

Reaction score
Hey, i started a career with debt-ridden west ham to give myself a bit more of a challenge.

After 8 games i'm 16th, and have about 7 of my first XI injured, but we've just had a board takeover, and i've been handed first 4.5 million to spend, and then a further 33.5million. I've been bringing in a lot of youngsters, and saving 10mill to buy jimenez if he'll ever sign for me! So that leaves me 7 mill spare at the moment.

Has this happened to anyone else? And as a siub-question, who should i buy for my 7 million? :)

Hi. Sounds like you'll be enjoying the cash for years to come. :) Never had it happen. With the £7M, carry on buying youngsters. Lacina Traore comes to mind...

Bring in Otamendi aswell. :)

Never had it before, you got lucky there.

thanks, will take a look!

I dont think it will be for years to come, clubs balance is only 10 million higher than my transfer budget, think i'll be in debt at end of season :s If im still there, i keep getting told a bad result will see me fired, stupid media!

What else is really annoying is, i played chelsea at their top form, and lost 3-2, but it was at stamford bridge, they played really well, my players ratings where all 7.8 and so, yet the fans are angry about the result. Its not very realistic for them to expect west ham to beat chelsea at stamford bridge without any new singings is it?

wow, thats really lucky. why just buy youngsters though?

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

is it me or do west ham get takenover on basically every game?

I've signed a few 16-18 year olds to loan out, looking to the future, although a fair few are to sell on again to make some profit. After that i have signed 5 19-21 year olds, to provie competition for first team places, but ones that are developed in such a way they can get in my first team or atleast provide competition and decent backup for those in that position.

The older players i was looking at where just to expensive, and i didnt consider them worth it, the players i got 16-18 all cost less than 500k, those 19-21 the most expensive was feghouli at 12mill, others where 1-3 mill, and eduardo salvio for 4.4 mill. I have 17 million left, but have paved the way for anyweher upto 7 players to leave at the end of the season, provided i get my injury list down(currently 9).

Basically i'm taking a Wenger approach, but using more experience in my defence, with Upson and Sol Campbell my starting CB's and rob green in goal. I also like to rotate a fair bit going into cup games, or playing weaker opposition, and in the past have always proven to be unlucky with injuries, i like a large first team squad, but want decent players who wont complain too much about getting less games, hence younger players 19-21, matched with older, 28-31. I also tend not to keep players over 32/33, when there phsyical stats start dropping, as my tactics require speed and pace, although at the back experience can replace them.

And every game i've played has seen west ham being taken over, probably because the club was up for sale when the game went to press.

Next time I can go on FM i might be them, I have never been taken over apart from once with Inter but that didnt make any difference...

My liverpool game i was taken over in 4th season, n despite winning atleast one trophy a season, and doing the treble in my 3rd season, i was fired by the new owner!

Back