• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 613

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

West Ham hope to appoint their new manager by the end of next week, BBC Sport understands

More...

There's talk spreading like wildfire now it's going to be Big Sam. Okay the style of footie won't be pretty, but be honest. What's more important-pretty football, or gettin straight back in the prem? No brainer. Would be a very good appointment imo. He'll get the squad reorganised top to bottom

Allardyce, hm? Guess this is it for him, he can conclusively prove he's an excellent manager if he takes them back to the Prem and keeps them there.

Allardyce, hm? Guess this is it for him, he can conclusively prove he's an excellent manager if he takes them back to the Prem and keeps them there.

Will WHU Fans like his style of football though? even though its effective

I reckon Hammers fans wont care about his appointment, as long as they return instantly, once in the prem they may start to moan believing their a big club and all that, however Big Sam has a good track record for a reason...

They are getting the man they should have appointed in December/January. Better late then never i suppose.

Big fat Sam's claret and blue army!

Not an admirer of his football, may deter some fans away. However, he will/should get us up. With a rumoured kitty of 10 million to spend, could be decent. When we start winning, he will get the full backing. Short term imo, if we get up.. keep him for one season, then it's 'thanks sam but we want to change the style' judging he re-establishes us as a prem side. Legend Alvin Martin said on talksport earlier, allardyce could convince some key players to stay, whether we see this we don't know. IMHO I would've preferred Hughton, but Allardyce isn't at all bad!

COYI

Isn't it obvious this is a platform for him. Win promotion with WHU and then Real Madrid will come knocking, pure genius
Right appointment for WHU, they need to get back to PL ASAP and Big Sam is the guy to do it

This will only end in tears i am afraid, Even if they are promoted, Can you see Sam working with them 2 planks long term. Can you see the hammers fans not moaning at the style of play is not the West ham way, Can you see Gold and Sullivan sticking by sam if the fans vote with there feet and sales start to drop.

I think they will get promoted by this will all end in tears within 2 years, then he can take the Barca job when Pep takes fergies job. ;)

Back