West Ham or Real Madrid...help me decide.

Should i stay at west Ham or move to Real Madrid?

• Total voters

MonsterFish

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have an ingame decision to make and I want to hear some thoughts, what do you think I should do?

I have just finished my second season of managing West Ham. In season one we managed to scrape into 4th on the final day of the season beating man utd to move above them and to qualify for the champions league.
In season 2 we managed through some lucky draws to win the league cup and get as far as the champions league semi final were we lost to eventual winners Barcelona on penalties.
We again made 4th on the final day due to two of our rivals losing.
This success has come on the back of loan signings, on any given match day I might have 3 or 4 players in the starting eleven who are full West Ham players. This is because despite our success I still have a wage budget of uner one million and have never been offered a transfer budget above 2 million.

My dilemma is that I have just been offered the Reall Madrid managers position..

Real are obviously a huge club with world class players and it would be a huge step up..

Alternatively I feel like I have started something with west Ham, and with champions league football again next season and an imminent move to a new stadium the possibility may be there to grow something special.
The downside of staying is the team is heavily reliant on loan signings, if I cannot renew them or find good alternatives, we could face an almighty crash. The board have offered 30million for transfers but we would still need to rely heavily on loans.
In addition the club is currently in the process of being taken over by a consortium, this could lead to more investment OR the new owners letting me go even if I stay...

So...What would you do? What do you recommend I do? Any and all contributions appreciated.

Stay with West Ham it's more of a challenge to build a team than to sign for a club with money and a ready made team.

Hi everyone, I have an ingame decision to make and I want to hear some thoughts, what do you think I should do?

I have just finished my second season of managing West Ham. In season one we managed to scrape into 4th on the final day of the season beating man utd to move above them and to qualify for the champions league.
In season 2 we managed through some lucky draws to win the league cup and get as far as the champions league semi final were we lost to eventual winners Barcelona on penalties.
We again made 4th on the final day due to two of our rivals losing.
This success has come on the back of loan signings, on any given match day I might have 3 or 4 players in the starting eleven who are full West Ham players. This is because despite our success I still have a wage budget of uner one million and have never been offered a transfer budget above 2 million.

My dilemma is that I have just been offered the Reall Madrid managers position..

Real are obviously a huge club with world class players and it would be a huge step up..

Alternatively I feel like I have started something with west Ham, and with champions league football again next season and an imminent move to a new stadium the possibility may be there to grow something special.
The downside of staying is the team is heavily reliant on loan signings, if I cannot renew them or find good alternatives, we could face an almighty crash. The board have offered 30million for transfers but we would still need to rely heavily on loans.
In addition the club is currently in the process of being taken over by a consortium, this could lead to more investment OR the new owners letting me go even if I stay...

So...What would you do? What do you recommend I do? Any and all contributions appreciated.

Depends on what direction ou want to take the save: Do you want to further your managerial career or do you want to build a dynasty with one club. Either are perfectly good options.

I jumped ship from West Ham after 3 and a bit seasons I think. Got them into the CL twice and like you relied on loans for my main players (Halilovic from Barca was immense) but the little funds I recieved in the first few seasons I paid for people like Tariq, Roberts, Odegaard etc and played them despite them being young and now they are all worth well in excess of £20m. I moved to Valencia as I don't particularly like being massive teams as clubs just hold you to ransom over transfers.

I had a similar choice while at Roma... I went to Barcelona though and brought Munir (back), Balanta and De Gea with me...

I did have Suarez, Messi, Neymar, beastly Munir so the save got boring as I just lined up with a 4-2-3-1 with Messi as a AP(A) and went unbeaten two years in a row with records like 35-3-0... got boring really fast.

Signing for Real Madrid means being hated by their fans. While you're there because you're an inutile, when you left because you left and betrayed the club and whatever nonsense and you should stay there and pay them to be there. On the other hand, I started a FMC save with them and they were too easy. So unless their side is hugely changed, which I doubt is the case at this point, I would stay at West Ham.

Hahah Death Ball is right.. Part of the job description at Real Madrid, is being booed by the fans at the Bernabeu.. If I were you, I would stay with West Ham, potentially beating Real Madrid in the CL. Or wait until you get another offer, which you can't refuse. If you went on this forum to ask what to do, chances are you aren't that passionate about Real Madrid.

I would stay at West ham and build a dynasty. Personally, I find big clubs boring after a short while. I have gotten really bored after a couple of seasons with Man city and am going to start a new save with a much weaker side.

STAY !!! The grass isn’t always greener. I always end up regretting moving especially if you have built up some good youth players.

Back