• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 787

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

West Ham hope to appoint a new manager in the next two to three weeks after parting company with Avram Grant, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Rumour mill is rife McClaren will take over, with Evertons Steve Round as assistant. Which doesn't make sense to me. For starters I doubt a helluva lot Round would drop a division, and I doubt McClaren will want to work with the Hammers board, and there would be a lot of financial constraints. But, he has done well before on a limited budget. Have to see what happens

It is no small irony that when she's not appearing on The Apprentice belittling the ruthlessly ambitious and hapless for the amusement of TV viewers, Karren Brady looks after the day-to-day running of West Ham United, presumably for the amusement of football fans who support clubs like Chelsea and Millwall. And having told Avram Grant "You're fired!" shortly after yesterday's relegation to the Championship at the hands of Wigan, Brady and her double-headed bongo-peddling employers Gollivan must now find a replacement for the hapless Israeli, who they now stand accused of sacking with undue haste by people who simultaneously agree that he should have been handed his P45 over four months ago. Both views are correct.

There has been little sympathy for Gollivan or Brady in the wake of West Ham's relegation, but now they must devote their time to finding a replacement for Grant, in a bid to bounce straight back into the Premier League. Neil Warnock has been installed as an early favourite to get the job, what with his position at QPR rumoured to be far from secure despite him having marched the club into the Premier League as Championship winners. The names of Martin O'Neill, Nigel Pearson and Chris Hughton have also been mentioned, although given the recruitment policy at the Boleyn Ground since Gollivan and Brady took up the reins, it would be no huge surprise if they ended up appointing an upturned mop with felt eyes and a mouth glued to its head, whoever's running the Queen Vic pub on EastEnders these days, or Jedward.

Football transfer rumours: Jedward to manage West Ham? | Football | guardian.co.uk

McClaren is favourite at the moment, but I can see Allardyce or Hughton taking over.

So why exactly is Warnocks job not secure then, even though he got QPR promoted?

Chris Hughton to be appointed.

He has attended a few of their games recently.

I have Mr. Gold on Twitter, might drop him a message with my CV. Although I think I would get sacked for trying to plough Karen Brady

McLaren would be a good appointment, as much as he was a failure with England. He does well with smaller teams, like Twente. But would he want to go to the Championship?

McLaren would be a good appointment, as much as he was a failure with England. He does well with smaller teams, like Twente. But would he want to go to the Championship?

Definately not. He's ruled himself out lol. Can't say I blame him

i would go for Derek Mcinnes of St Johnstone, good young manager

hopefully Hughton, if so I'll support them.

Tbh if I was him, I'd stay clear with Brady there. He's probably seen/heard enough to convince him to stay away.
But I've just been surprised to see an inclusion of name some Hammers fans want, that I hadn't thought of. Di Canio?

Last edited:
Chris Hughton would be a good appointment for the hammers:)

I would have said Allardyce but they should have done that when they thought about sacking Grant and then they wouldnt be in this position. But yer Hughton deserves a job after what happend to him at Newcastle, would be the best appointment for me.

Someone on PASOTI, said SSN linked Peter Reid with the West Ham job? Seems unlikely with all the big-names being floated around, but he's recieved some good press coverage recently. I hope and pray he doesn't leave though, the only thats been keeping some form of sanity at Home Park this season...

Apparently six manager turned down the West Ham job when Grant was thought to be sacked in January.

Apparently six manager turned down the West Ham job when Grant was thought to be sacked in January.

yep, not surprised given the appalling lack of respect the owners showed grant and zola

Hearing that Karl Robinson - Dons Manager is in the frame for the job, he is a great manager, but hugely inexperienced

Back