• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4K

Davidenko

Reaction score
View attachment 257739
Fortunes Always Hiding
By Davidenko

Formed 117 years ago under the name "Thames Ironworks FC", West Ham United have always been a club who have wanted to do things the right way. But the right way has cost them in recent years.
From playing a large part in England's 1966 world cup winning team, where the legendary Bobby Moore captained the squad, Geoff Hurst scoring a hat-trick, and a goal from Martin Peters whom all played for The Hammers. To collecting 3 FA Cup's, a Charity Sheild, a European Cup Winners Cup. To the ups and downs of relegation, and the potential upset of administration. The famous West Ham United would always be a proud club, who would fight to the end, whether it be controversy surrounding hooliganism or controversy surrounding fielding illegal players, the mighty claret and blue would always make the headlines.
So here I go, a die hard Hammers fan trying to change the story into a fairy tale, reaching that one goal we've always been dreaming of like any club... success.

Upton Park
(The Boleyn Ground)
View attachment 257744
List of Honours:

FA Cup (3): 1964, 1975, 1980
Runners Up: 1923, 2006

League Cup Runners Up: 1966, 1981

Charity Shield: 1964(shared)

European Cup Winners Cup: 1965
Runners Up: 1976

The Owners
View attachment 257746
David Gold & David Sullivan

Mr David Sullivan, being born and brought up in Wales and David Sullivan being born and brought up a stones throw from Upton Park. They both made their names in the *********** business, now owning Ann Summers.
They both are ex-owners of Birmingham City, where Karren Brady joined them as a director at Birmingham City and eventually followed the two David's to their beloveded West Ham United.

Reserved for other information. You may now post. :)

Sorry about my writing, I am not a very good writer! I'll try my best. Hope you all follow :)

- Davidenko

View attachment 257756
ALLARDYCE QUITS HAMMERS
View attachment 257757
Allardyce: I've had enough

After just one year in charge at Upton Park, Big Sam has said enough is enough and walked from his postion as manager at West Ham.
Guiding West Ham back to the Premier League first time of asking via the play offs was a big achievement for the ex-Bolton man but stated in a press conference that he could not deal with the West Ham fans anymore.

"The chairman were supportive, and it was great to be part of a club with a big history. But when you have 35,00 fans screaming at your head whilst sitting pretty in 2nd half way through the season, it's just not on. They are still a deluded bunch and they all talk b*******.
They obviously did not like my style of football, but that's the way I play my game.
I am not one to quit half way through the season, and I had another season left on my contract but it's time I move on and let someone else try to make that lot happy".

Big Sam and the team were boo'd off a number of occasions, one being at half time at home against Bristol City where the score was 0-0.
co-owner David Gold said he would be looking for someone who knows the club, and how to deal with the fans and what the fans want but at the same time to get the results.

"It's a big ask." David Gold told BBC Sport.
"We're looking literally for a needle in a haystack. Where are we going to find a qualified manager, who knows what the fans want and win games? It was tried with Curbishley, and that didn't work out so it's now a matter of thinking well do we take a big risk or go big with a name like Allardyce, but it's not going to work when the fans don't like their style of football".

West Ham United players have gone back to training with assistant manager Neil McDonald after their pre-season fixtures were announced:

LOSC Lille Métropole
Dagenham & Redbridge
Pumas
Olympiakos
AJ Auxerre
Wolfsburg

Wrexham
Leicester City
Crawley Town

(Bold being home, normal being away)

View attachment 257805
WEST HAM APPOINT NEWBIE FAN
View attachment 257806

West Ham United have once again made the headlines, not just for appointing a manager but for who they have appointed.
In a shock move, David Gold & David Sullivan have appointed 21 year old life-long Hammer David Grant as their manager, who will replace Sam Allardyce.
David Gold told BBC Sport it was a risk that he had to take.

"We're a club for the fans, myself and David Sullivan are life-long fans ourself. So why not appoint a local lad who has watched the Hammers week in week out home and away?
Of course he has no experience, but sometimes it's all about taking risks in football.
Myself, Mr Sullivan and Karren Brady will be working alongside David as much as possible, guiding him in the right way but of course we will leave the on pitch and transfer stuff to himself".

David Grant said it was a dream come true in a press conference this morning.

"If you told me one year ago that I would be sitting here, along side the 2 West Ham chairman signing a managerial contract I think i'd laugh.
I am the youngest professional manager in the country, and probably the world and if that's not a worthy title to have I don't know what is.
I myself as a fan have been fed up watching boring football at Upton Park, it's not enteraining anyone and I am here to try and change that.
I have my eyes on a few new faces as there is areas we need to strengthen up playing in the Premier League, a few boys will be leaving but of course will be replaced."

West Ham United have already been linked with Ivan Klasnic who was released by Bolton this summer, West Brom's Jonas Olsson & Michael Owen who was released by Manchester United also this summer.

View attachment 257870

PRE-SEASON & TRANSFER UPDATES
View attachment 257871

West Ham United have ended their pre-season on a high, scoring in every game but only managing to scrap 3 wins out of a possible 9.
The Hammers began their pre-season up against their reserve team at Boreham Wood, which ended 4-1 to the first team with goals from Carlton Cole, Nicky Maynard, Freddy Piquionne and an own goal from an unlikely source, Cristian Montano.
They then came up against their first big test playing Lille at home, with Lille dominating the game but managing to ****** a 1-1 draw with a 45th mintue goal from Pablo Barrera who is now no longer at the club.
The Hammers then travelled to Dagenham & Rebdridge, the short 20 minute journey from Upton Park proved to be a great show as they battered the league two side 5-0 with a double from Ravel Morrison, another double from trialist El-Hadji Diouf, and a goal from new signing Ivan Klasnic.
Here are the full list of results from West Ham's pre-season.

West Ham United 4-1 West Ham Reserves
West Ham United 1-1 Lille
Dagenham & Redbridge 0-5 West Ham United
West Ham United 1-1 Pumas
West Ham United 2-2 Olympiakos
West Ham United 2-0 AJ Auxerre
West Ham United 2-2 Wolfsburg
Wrexham 2-2 West Ham United
Leicester City 2-1 West Ham United.

West Ham United manager David Grant got busy during pre-season signing 8 players for around £11.25m.
Grant's new men included Mohamed Diamé, Ivan Klasnic, Paul Scharner, Carlos Cuéllar & El-Hadji Diouf, who were signed on free transfers after being released by their clubs.
Grant's two biggest signings of the summer were Celtic's striker Gary Hooper for around £5m, and shock signing Adel Taarabt from QPR for £6m.
Taarabt made controversial headlines the following day, saying he was using the club as a stepping stone to attract attention from bigger clubs.
A West Ham United supporters club spokesman said that Taarabt was not worthy to play in a claret & blueu shirt.

"We've spent £6m on a good player, but who thinks highly of himself and that's what we're not about at this club.
Taarabt has automatically pressurised himself, because the fans will now be expecting a **** of alot from him and if he does stand out for the Hammers as a great player then he's gonna be literally annihilated by the fans."

The Hammers also signed Sam Magri from Portsmouth for £150,000, as a signing for the future.

West Ham's only casualities of the pre-season were Freddie Sears who left to join Leicester City for £825,000 & Pablo Barrera who joined AS Nancy Lorraine for £2.5m.
Matthias Fanimo (Hereford), Peter Kurucz (Yeovil) & Robert Hall (Port Vale) all joined clubs on a loan basis.

The Hammers will face Aston Villa away, Chelsea at home, Barnsley at home in the Capital One Cup 2nd round and Newcastle away this month in the Premier League.

View attachment 257959

August Review

Aston Villa 1-0 West Ham United
View attachment 257960
7 Yellow cards from West Ham players ment that the FA handed them a £25,000 fine for failing to control their players, not to mention a 1-0 loss on the return to the Premier League at Villa park against Aston Villa.
Darren Bent was the only goalscorer in the game, winning the game in the 28th minute.
Ricardo Vaz Té was taken off with a hamstring injury, meaning he will miss up to 2 months with the injury, adding to the disappointment of new manager David Grant.

West Ham United 1-3 Chelsea
View attachment 257962
The league certainly wasn't being friendly to the Hammers, Chelsea being their first home game of the season. Also ending in defeat as many would expect. 3 goals in 16 minutes in the first half from Eden Hazard, Ramires & Fernando Torres completley shut the game off, but a 15 minute fight back in the second half gave the Hammers just the slightest of hope when El-Hadji Diouf produced one of the best goals we will see all season from 25 yards. Still, it wasn't to be.

West Ham United 3-1 Barnsley [COC2nd Round]

View attachment 257963
With the Hammers bottom of the Premieir League after two games, they switched their sights on the newly named Capital One Cup at home to Barnsley. The Hammers were 2-0 up within the first half hour of the game with goals from new signings Gary Hooper and El-Hadji Diouf. Barnsley pulled one back 5 minutes later with a cracker from Jacob Butterfield. But the Hammers held on, and it was Gary Hooper who sent the Hammers into the 3rd round to face Wolverhampton Wanderers to make 3-1.

Newcastle United 0-0 West Ham United
View attachment 257964
The Magpies must of threw everything at West Ham but the kitchen sink, completley dominating the game from start to finish, however some fine goalkeeping from Juissi Jaaskelainen earned West Ham their first point of the season at a difficult venue.

League Table
View attachment 257965

So after three games, West Ham United are 17th with 1 point, joined with 18th place Wigan, 19th place Stoke & bottom side Reading. Arsenal lead the pack with 9 points from a possible 9, along with Manchester United who are also on 9. Aston Villa & Norwich City make up the top 4 with 7 & 6 points respectivley.

Player of the Month

Robin van Persie (Arsenal) An outstanding 8 goals in 3 games earned RVP the player of the month for August.

Manager of the Month

Sir Alex Ferguson (Man United) 3 Wins from 3 earned the Scotsman the August manager of the month award, surprisingly instead of Arsenal's Arséne Wenger.

Transfers
View attachment 257967
West Ham United picked up the free transfer signing of ex-Chelsea flop Asier Del Horno. The Hammers were in desperate need of a left back, as Jordan Spence was starting to feel the pressure being the main cause of 2 of the goals in the Hammers 3-1 loss to Chelsea.

The top 5 major transfers of the summer transfer window are as followed:

Ganso (From - Santos) to (Manchester City) £21.5m
Phil Jagielka (From - Everton) to (Tottenham Hotspur) £15m
Walter Montillo (From - Cruzeiro) to (Liverpool) £14.25m
Fágner (From - Vasco) to (Tottenham Hotspur) £12.75m
Arouca (From - Santos) to (Liverpool) £12m

View attachment 258071

September Review

West Ham United 0-1 Manchester United
View attachment 258073
The Hammers entered the month of September the way they ended August, dreadful. However a fine performance from the Hammers denying Manchester United a dozen of goalscoring opportunities gave the Hammers abit of hope of clenching something from the game. However this wasn't to be, as Danny Welbeck snatched a late winner in the 86th minute to keep the Hammers rooted to the bottom of the table.

Norwich City 2-0 West Ham United
View attachment 258076
With the Hammers through the tough patch, they set their sights on a must win game. Norwich City away. But it was more heartbreak and woe for the 3,000 travelling Hammers fans as goals from Russell Martin & ex-Millwall legend Steve Morrison gave the Canaries a deserved 2-0 victory.
Adel Taarabt was booed off after a poor performance, after being substituted in the last 10 minutes of the game. What a £6m coupe he's turning out to be!

West Ham United 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers [COC3rd Round]
View attachment 258077
The Hammers turned their sights from the woes of the Premier League and onto a potential good cup run. And they were far from disappointed after 2 goals from Nicky Maynard gave West Ham a place in the last 16 against Premier League rivals West Bromich Albion.

West Ham United 2-3 Swansea City
View attachment 258078
Another must win game for the Hammers ended in defeat. This time after going 1-0 up from a superb solo effort from Carlton Cole in the 2nd minute, all was going well untill 3 goals in 13 minutes before half time gave the Swans a 3-1 lead at Upton Park. Just minutes after their 3rd, West Ham skipper Kevin Nolan was shown a straight red after a tackle on Joe Allen. It was a bit harsh said manager David Grant, but did not appeal against the decision.

League Table
View attachment 258079

The Hammers have just 1 point from their first 6 games of the season, which brings them 4 points from safety already. Arsenal are still top of the pile after the second month on 13 points, and Manchester United lay in 2nd postion on 12th. Manchester City & Aston Villa make up the Champions League places on 11 and 10 points.

Player of the Month

Luka Modric (Tottenham)

Manager of the Month

Louis Van Gaal (Tottenham)

Transfer Update

West Ham United complete the signing of Louis Saha on a free transfer after a successful trial at Upton Park.

good signings in saha and hooper, biggest mistake is taarabt though

Taarabt has been shocking. He's so arrogant and above himself.

View attachment 258945

October Review

It was an even more dreadful month for the Hammers. Picking up just 1 point in their last 4 games, and being knocked out of the Carling Cup by West Bromich Albion. Not to mention not scoring in any of their league games. They conceded just 5 goals in the 4 games, and if it hadn't been for Craig Gordon it could of been double figures.
Manager David Grant has been taking things alot more seriously, fining Adel Taarabt & El Hadji Diouf for poor performances, Carlos Cuellar for his 2 red cards in just a couple of games and calling Sam Baldock up from the reserves.

Southampton 1-0 West Ham United
View attachment 258947
With the Hammers rooted to the bottom of the table, surely it was time to start picking up vital points. A chance against promotion rivals Southampton, who finished 2nd in last years Championship.
After the game being goalless for just over 80 minutes, a penalty was given to messiah Ricky Lambert for the Saints after what seemed to be a dive from the Saints top goalscorer. There was apparent contact from Winston Reid, however replays show there was no contact made. Lambert slotted the penalty away neatly to seal a 1-0 win for the Saints, and more woe for West Ham.

West Ham United 0-1 Stoke City

View attachment 258951
From bad to worse; West Ham came up against a tough Stoke City side who were looking very tasty early on in the season and an early goal from Peter Crouch gave Stoke a controversial 19th minute lead. James Tomkins was injured by a tackle from Dean Whitehead that left the centre back in some agony, as the referee saw nothing wrong with the tackle which lead Peter Crouch to continue and score. Tomkins was stretchered off and will face up to 2 months on the sidelines due to the injury to his knee.
A potential fight back was still on the cards for the Hammers, with chances from Ricardo Vaz Te & Mark Noble both going wide from distance. This didn't last for long, as West Ham lost their second player due to injury, this time striker Carlton Cole who pulled his hamstring just before the second half.
Stoke continued to push, and it wasn't over there as things do come in threes, it was Carlos Cuellar who was shown a second yellow card in injury time leaving manager David Grant with a face of a thousand people.

Arsenal 3-0 West Ham United
View attachment 258952
A Lukas Podolski hat-trick brushed West Ham United to one side, as another poor performance from the Hammers see them further more without a win all season.

Other Results:

West Ham United 1-2 West Bromich Albion [COC4thRound]
West Ham United 0-0 Everton

Unlucky mate, keep on fighting, Hooper is great on my Bolton save he scored 18 goals in 33 starts. Any chance you can have a look at my Arsenal save. Its called Arsenal - The Rise to Dominance. On this save why don't you try Saha in AMC? When I had him in that position in my fisrt save on FM12 he set up 9 goals and scored 5. As I said, keep going.

Back