jakecallan

Reaction score
images

West Ham United
have sacked manager Gianfranco Zola after a traumatic season which nearly ended in relegation.
Zola, who took charge in September 2008, led the side to just seven home wins in a campaign disrupted by public criticism from the club's new co-owners, David Sullivan and David Gold. They finished fourth from bottom, five points above Burnley.
The announcement was made following a meeting between Zola and the owners to discuss the club's future structure. The future of his assistant Steve Clarke is unclear.
Mark Hughes and Slaven Bilic have been linked with the vacancy.
A club statement said: "West Ham United can confirm that they have terminated the contract of Gianfranco Zola.
"The Board of Directors would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him well for the future. The club will now be focusing its efforts on seeking a replacement."

Gianfranco-Zola-006.jpg

Whilst negotiations are still ongoing between the two parties, it is being reported that Grant could be installed as Gianfranco Zola‘s successor by as early as this evening.
The former Chelsea man has won wide-spread acclaim for the way he led Pompey last season, managing to reach the FA Cup final despite being forced to operate under very stringent restrictions.
Grant has explained his decision to leave to the Portsmouth fans by way of an emotionally charged open letter on the club’s official website;
“I have been inundated with letters and emails from fans. Many have brought tears to my eyes and take it from me; it takes a lot to do that. I will never forget you, the loyal fans of Pompey who, without a doubt, helped me protect the team under such complex circumstances.
There are very few teams in the world that have fans as passionate and devoted as you are. Seeing you all so proud with your heads held up high is the best reward I can receive.
It has been a great experience to be part of one of the most wonderful occurrences that has happened in the history of British football and also shows that even in the most desperate times, loyalty, devotion, professionalism and passion can be demonstrated. I wish you all the possible success which you genuinely deserve.
Portsmouth has given me a feeling of home away from home. I might be leaving Portsmouth physically, but you cannot take Portsmouth away from me and my heart.
I have informed Andrew the administrator that if and when the need arises, I will be at his disposal to assist in any way I possibly can.
At this point I would like to mention the good job the administrator is doing, under very difficult circumstances after he received the club from Mr Chernoi and Mr Levy which they had saved from liquidation. Thank you for that.
I can never fully repay the faith and backing I got from the fans, players and staff who gave 100%. I truly thank you all for granting me the opportunity and the privilege to be part of your special city and unique club.”
The West Ham co-owners, David Gold and David Sullivan, had reportedly drawn up a four-man shortlist of names they wanted to take over at the vacant Upton Park helm, including Sam Allardyce (of Blackburn Rovers), Ian Holloway (of Blackpool) and Dave Jones (of Cardiff), but 55-year-old Grant was understood to be their first choice appointment, and it now seems the duo have got their man.

avram-grant.jpg

ODDS
Avram Grant 2/1
Sam Allardyce 5/1
Ian Holloway 10/1
Dave Jones 20/1

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:47 PM ----------

attachment.php

Talks with Avram Grant and the West Ham board have broken down after neither side could come to an agreement on an acceptable salary. Befor 2 hours ago Avram Grant looked almost certain to be the new manager at upton park as almost all terms had been agreed. following this news the only question is now who will David Gold decide is right to take the club foward.
2Q==

2Q==

We belive West Ham are still in contact with atleast 5 new candidates for the job at Upton Park we belive a strong possibilty to be Ian Holloway the manager of recently promoted Blackpool.
ian_holloway_1639551c.jpg

attachment.php

Ian Holloway: I am not leaving Blackpool for West Ham to replace Grianfranco Zola

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has dismissed suggestions he will leave Bloomfield Road to succeed Gianfranco Zola as West Ham manager, insisting he has no intention whatsoever of leaving the play-off finalists winners to take a short-cut into the Premier League.

great start mate i'm also just starting a story its gunna be a challenge but i'm taking yeovil to the prem and playing barca possession footy should be fun give it a look

attachment.php

PARKER IS NOT FOR SALE

in other news at Upton Park alot of news is being made about West Ham's star man Scott Parker. Scott Parker would like to consider Spurs proposal to take him across London to White Hart Lane and has been left frustrated at West Ham's refusal to countenance the deal.
images

Spurs have had a £7m offer rejected out of hand by the West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan who has said the midfielder is not for sale and that Parker is to be offered a lucrative new five-year contract. The midfielder has three years to run on his current deal.
But Parker is tempted by what would be a hugely contentious switch – there is no love lost at Upton Park for Tottenham – and he is surprised at the stance that Sullivan has adopted. At the very least, Parker would welcome the chance to listen to what is on offer at White Hart Lane.
Spurs may provide Parker, who is 29, with his last shot at the Champions League – Harry Redknapp's team will enter the competition in the final qualifying round after their fourth-placed finish last season – and their offer is the same as West Ham paid Newcastle United for him in June 2007.
0,,12562%7E3479354,00.jpg

Parker heard Sullivan say last season that the entire West Ham squad was up for sale apart from him and his patience has been tested further by Sullivan's hard line with Spurs. There is the fear at Upton Park, though, that Tottenham will not be dissuaded in their pursuit.
West Ham confirmed on their website that Spurs had made the bid and they added that they had "informed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy prior to him making the offer that we would not welcome any approach to unsettle the player".
Sullivan said: "I made a promise that I would not sell Scott and I will not, for any amount of money, break that promise to the West Ham supporters. Scott is not for sale at any price, to anyone. West Ham supporters, for far too long, have had owners that sell their best players and promise one thing and do another. This is a new era. We are building a bigger, better West Ham and when we make a promise, we honour it."

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

images

I have heard some very strange but intreasting reports comming from inside
Upton Park tonight, rumor has it that James Cordon life long Westham fan and
also actor has been seen entering the ground.
james-682_1032997a.jpg

If the rumors we are hearing are correct this would be a first for English football as James has
no past expirence of running a team of such magnituede.
148633656_b49a3ceb36.jpg

Many fans have gatherd outside of Upton Park to see what they can make of the situation.
One fan had this to say: "No chance of Gold getting in an experienced manager with a backbone like any of the names that will be put forward by us sensible fans who know what is needed to manage in this division."

There has been no offical word from the club at the present time as what James Cordon is doing at Upton Park but signs are pointing towards him filling the vacancy at the club.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

West_Ham_United_FC-1-82-90-85-crop.gif

IT'S OFFICAL!
The West Ham United board have confirmed on there website that the actor James Cordon will be the man to lead West Ham this seasson.
images

Club officals have told us that a press confrence will be held to welcome James to West Ham. there are very mixed opinions on the introducing of James as the clubs new manager, Gold and Sullivan have told us though that they have good faith in James as a person to motivate West Ham and bring them together as a team. The boss told us in a quick interview outside upton park "it is a privledge to be guiding West Ham through the seasson this year, i know that it may sound bonckers that i am manager of such a well supported football club, but i feel as a life long fan i really know what the fans want from this club!"
110227-155-John-Bishop-James-Corden.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

moz-screenshot.png

bbcsport.png

James Corden Hopes To Keep Parker

Corden on his hopes for the new season...
"The aims are not for one season. We have targets for the next seasons. At the end of the day, we want to put West Ham in the place they belong.
"I think West Ham was a very good club that played very good and very positive football. The tradition of positive football started here at West Ham with Ron Greenwood and then other teams followed this, so we want to play good football, to gives chances to talented players because we have a very good scouting system and Academy which is our base.
"Over the next season, as the owners said, we want to not fight against relegation, play good football and put a good base for the next season.
"At the end of the season, if we look back and say it was better than the last season, then for me that's a good start."
0,,12562%7E8970579,00.jpg
Corden on Scott Parker's future...
"As I understand it, and I fully support this, the club wants Scott to stay for a very long time and are giving him a long contract. I don't know what's happening with this but I think everybody wants this deal because it's good for the club, it's good for Scott because he's very, very important for this club. I hope it will be done."
Corden on the importance of keeping the club's best players...
"They are very good players for us. We are going forward for the next seasons, not for one season. You see we don't take players for one year because we like to do things not for one year. Alongside these players we need experienced players who are very positive and good football players. The players you mentioned are very good players and are very important to us and we want to move forward with them, not without them."
Corden on possible new signings...
"Nobody has signed yet in the last day. As we always say, when a player signs, we will let you know. For the moment, there is no news. As I say, when a player signs, we will announce it. we need to see all of the deal before we can say anything about players.
"Of course, we are happy with the squad that we have but we have some areas that we need to improve. In any case, if there are any players until the 31st of this month who can improve the squad and make the competition even stronger, it will be good for everybody. We will continue looking."

Last edited:
good update mate! james corden??? this sould be interesting :)