Reaction score
What a loads of Cobblers

View attachment 217061

The dust has finally settled after a turbulent financial meeting. Cuts were made and people walked out with no future at Northampton.

The leader of the team Chris Wilder has been relieved of his duties after a long meeting with the board about the future of the club.
This is what he said after the termination of his contract:-
If it’s what is best for the club then I totally understand, the club needs to survive for the fans and community.
I will be looking for a job straight back into management.
I wish luck to the predecessor.

Rumours circulating around the football world is that Northampton are ready to take a gamble on a rookie manager.

We can now go to Northampton and speak with our reporter David Fulton.

Studio:- What’s the mood like around the club?

David:- Well as you can imagine it’s all up in the air no one really knows what’s going, one thing we do know is that a new man will be at the helm and will be looking to steer this club in the right direction. I spoke to a member of the supports trust earlier and here what he had to say…

Supports trust:- Whoever they put in charge will need to be given time and will need the full backing of the fans if they are to get this club out of the crisis they are currently in. The board are in a tough situation as if they are going to get out of this division they need to invest but there is currently no money. The new manager will need to bring in a few players and new staff. This job will make or break the rookie manager one thing for sure is that he will be having a few sleepless nights.

David:- As you can guess from that supporters will be behind the new man in charge, we know they have financial worries and that seems to be the worry this club has at the moment….

Studio:- Thank you David, but we can now report that the new man in charge will be Javi Garcia. These are unconfirmed reports but they are coming from his agent.

Last edited:
Javi Garcia

Here is a background of the man that will lead the cobblers to success.

Javi grew up in a small Spanish village with just his mother after his father left them at the young age of 6. He was spotted at the age of 9 playing for local team but numerous scouts and aged 11 he was playing at Athletic Bilbao but was released as he didn't grow like the other kids his age. He didn't give up there tho he was soon snapped up by Barcelona rivals Espanyol who looked past his height and seen his talent.

He broke into the 1st team aged 17 and was a regular just 3 months later, this was where you could see Javi was destined for success and soon was being linked to the bigger European clubs.

Javi made his debut at international level for Spanish U21 at the age of 18 before a double compound fracture ruined his career at the tender age of 20. He moved into coaching under the guidance of Unai Emery and after 4 years has decided to take his own steps into management.

Javi is currently in the process of his coaching badges but has said he will not move until a job is complete at Northampton Town.

Javi has promised to bring attractive football to Sixfields that will make the higher divisions take note.

Northampton Town
Start of a new beginning

Northampton Town are based in the Midlands and founded 1897. They currently ply their trade in League 2 and play their games at Sixfields. They have never played in the top flight of English football and only have 3 winners medals in the cabinet. This is due to bigger midland clubs in the area.

All this is about to change.

The goal of this story is to guide Northampton to the top of the English Pyramid with the hope of dominating for years to come, but in order to do this there will be a lot of work behind the scenes. Javi has already promised that he won’t turn his back on the club that is giving his first chance in management, and will leave the club in a stronger position than when he took over. Javi has a vison, a desire, a dream…but we all know dreams don’t always come true

Will time run out before he gets started….

I hope to be starting this properly tonight and will get my 1st update hopefully up tomorrow... I hope haha.

Let m know what you guys think so far any feedback would be great...

thanks

Javi Garcia made his managerial debut against Bristol Rovers and what a dull game it was Watson scoring a cross goal midway thru the 1st half. Bristol Rover created very few clear chances but the Northampton defence was able to cope. Northampton never really went looking for a 2nd which is something i am keen to work on.

Javi was said to be happy with the overall performance
the clean sheet was bonus and was looking forward to making his home debut.

View attachment 216261

View attachment 216262

The home coming on Tuesday Northampton hosted Leeds in the Capital one cup and not a lot was expected thats for sure, but the team showed some great character to come from a goal to pinch it in extra time with debutant Nicky Adams scoring the winner. It was the prettiest of displays but these types of performances could be the difference if we are able to take it to the league.

Was this the start of something special happening at Northampton or was the press getting ahead of themselves.
Javi was certainly playing down the result but was certainly proud of his teams performance
and the way they handled themselves.​