What am I doing Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Honestly, I have had enough of this game. Quite Frankly, I have had more than enough. My Problem is, I just cannot succeed on this game. Any Save I do will fail. I have been playing FM13 quite a bit this year, just trying to learn this game. How to succeed and have enjoyable saves. I don't want a super-tactic that will storm through the game, leaving United, Barca and Bayern in my wake, I just want to be able to create a tactic that I can do reasonably well with.

While my mates are winning the Champions League with Reading in 2019 and Beating Man United 3-1 with Newcastle in the first season, I am sitting in 17th place with Everton and Losing 5-1 to United with West Ham. And I have tried to get on terms with FM, I have tried to play full matches and see where I have gone wrong, I think I have the reason why, I tweak what I think is the problem, keep playing and things run exactly the same!

Ever heard the saying- 'Give a man fish and he'll be fed for a day, teach him how to fish and he'll be fed forever'? (I think It was like that anyway lol) Well that saying applies in my case. It's all well and good giving me advice for ONE TEAM on ONE SAVE, but what I really want to know is how to put things right on OTHER SAVES.

To put it into perspective, these are my saves

West Ham- Only Good save. Got into CL before my team fell apart completely and now we're just a boring mid-table club.
Swansea- Ragequitted after losing 7-1 to Norwich on the opening day
Cardiff- was expected to win the league, came 18th and got subsequently sacked.
Millwall- Went down to League 1, Then i League 1 I was 19th in December, so got the sack
Welling: Went up to BSP, Went Back down next season with 19 Points
and some other tedious ones where I haven't completed even the first season.

I have been seriously playong FM since '12 and I am concerned it's two years down the line and I still don't know how to even do half decent on the game.

I was fine, But today was my breaking point. I started as Sunderland on the LFCMarshall's update and spent TWO HOURS making a tactic that suited my team as well as possible. I was raping teams in pre- season, couldn't wait for the season to start, thought I'd FINALLY worked it out, and these are my league results:

Hull Tigers 5-2 Sunderland
Sunderland 2-3 West Ham
Walsall 3-1 Sunderland
Sunderlad 2-4 Crystal Palace
Tottenham 6-1 Sunderland
Aston Villa 8-4 Sunderland

Anyone know why it is that I am just destined to lose? Is it easy? What should I do while making a tactic? when 1-0 down? etc. etc.

I know your pain, I started on FM12 too.

After reading about players having second season syndrome in FM13 where teams play deeper against a player who was successful after their 1st season, I decided that I would start my save playing a deep counter attacking strategy, do to the AI what it did to those successful players.
And against the big teams I had huge success.
Sometimes I'd use the tactic for the whole match but other times after being unable to break my defence their team would implode and every player would be frustrated/angry/aggressive and then I could experiment with other tactics.

Basically what I'm saying is start off on the back foot, your results sort of suggest to me you are trying to attack other teams and getting punished for it.

Thanks for the help Mitre Delta.

MANUMAD, I can't SS because like I said, I'd much rather have help on Player Roles and Duties, as opposed to just help with One tactic

counter definitely seems the way to go this year, the wing play is your best bet, but try and find something that works for you. Without information on the players, tactics etc. it's very hard to suggest much?

For a little better understanding I think here is the best place to start. >>Tactical Theorems 10<<
Its a long read but I thinks its kind of invaluable and should come with every copy of FM. (if you sign up it came in my junk folder)

Although primarily a guide about training players for individual roles it gave me a little insight into why to use a certain role
FM13 Individual Training - Improving Player Role Attributes You might also want to look around this site, some of the guide are first class.

Guys, I haven't given Screenies because it's not just one set of tactics, it's every save and I use a whole host of tactics.

More on the Southampton save, I tweaked my tactic slightly and beat Cardiff 3-2 at home. Not terrible

have you given the tactics time to be learnt? If you constantly change them then the players don't get used to it and wont play well.

Guys, I haven't given Screenies because it's not just one set of tactics, it's every save and I use a whole host of tactics.
That's why I posted a link to the Tactical Theorems 10, It contains three .PDF files that tells you in layman's terms what **** does and why. The images I posted are just the the content index of one of the .PDF files, (I believe it would be wrong of me to post/upload the whole files.) So if you want to fix your ****........

As there are so many different ways of playing FM, Its crucial that you provide us with some examples on your approach. I totally understand that you want some hints regarding the bigger picture rather than just one approach, but as its such a huge subject, we need to start by looking at your approach in one save, seeing if you are approaching that management/approach from the correct angle.

Pretty much all you have to do on ALL FM games that have ever existed is to play a balanced team with players who are good in their position and you will eventually be able to beat anybody.

Most of what you are complaining about is just realistic football. Do you think Arsene Wenger could just rage quit when his Arsenal side lost to Manchester United? Do you think Manchester United could just reload from an earlier save when they lost the Premier League title to Manchester City in the dying seconds? Grow up, and get used to the fact Football Manager is getting more realistic, and if you don't like that, go play FMC.

Most of what you are complaining about is just realistic football. Do you think Arsene Wenger could just rage quit when his Arsenal side lost to Manchester United? Do you think Manchester United could just reload from an earlier save when they lost the Premier League title to Manchester City in the dying seconds? Grow up, and get used to the fact Football Manager is getting more realistic, and if you don't like that, go play FMC.

Mate, he IS asking for help as he suspects he is looking at it from the wrong perspective. Either provide genuine help or stay away from posting

Cheers

Once more On Topic : If you want help, you need to tell us how you play the game, give us an example and we can spot where you go wrong. It can be as easy as you are using a 4231 with two Ballwinners in CM along with a deep d-line, or that you constantly pick too a too attacking/defensive lineup, that you use the. " automatic reputation ", that you use an attacking formation but play defensive or the other way around etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back