Wergeland

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need serious help here. I'm not a tactician like Mourinho, but I feel I have an idea on how to make a tactic. After a few hours of playing and testing, I am left with frustration.

I'm Chelsea and have come January. I lay a period of 1 space and did quite well!
Sometimes I win 3-0, but then suddenly I lose 3-0. I just do not understand what it is about this game? It seems like its no stability.

I am attaching some screenshots- Below you can see the schedule so far.
View attachment 461965
Its not bad, but its so weird. 0-3 against Swansea.

So my question to everybody is, what am I doing wrong? I cant seem to get the team to be stabile. I?m really struggling winning important matches. Its like im not in control at all.

View attachment 461964

If you need other screenshots just give me a word.

I have also tried other tactics. But they didnt work they either. I am so frustrated now. And im really sorry for my bad english, hehe.

Last edited:
From what it looks like, if of course B = Away matchs, you can get into conclusion that:
a) You struggle in away matchs
b) By far you struggle in away matchs vs strong teams

It seems like you have a decent tactic with decent results, but it might just be too attacking or vulnerable in away and difficult matchs. A solution will be to either balance the tactic, or create another tactic more defensive and use it in hard fixtures.

Imo your not doing too badly considering you haven't really bought anyone? You have 90% of your games overall, your losses are away from home so maybe either use a different type of tactics for away or try different team talks when away from home?

try not to use the same tactic for home & away, what i do is try to create a tactic that does good against a 4-2-3-1 & 4-1-2-2-1 which most teams in the PL use, your own 4-2-3-1 seems to be doing really well but teams like Liverpool,Everton & Arsenal use formations like yours and expect to counter your own.

Thanks for great answers! I think the away/defend tactic is the key here. But what do you recommend i should do then? Im trying now to create a more defending tactic. Need more advices i think :) And also, how can i get Ramires to be good? He is nt playing good at all i feel.
View attachment 461962

Thanks for great answers! I think the away/defend tactic is the key here. But what do you recommend i should do then? Im trying now to create a more defending tactic. Need more advices i think :) And also, how can i get Ramires to be good? He is nt playing good at all i feel.
View attachment 402290
Making a player supporting doesn't necesarily he will be more defensive. :p It's about combination and flattering. You should take the core of your tactic and just employ a more balanced or defensive approach. Starting with a more supporting fullbacks is a good option. The deeper your player's position the more defensive responsibilities the player has.

Possession based strategies are good for keeping clean sheets. You have the players to play a controlled possession based tactic. Direct long ball tactics will always struggle against technically good teams who keep the ball well. Your squad isn't suited to direct disciplined football. Play possession football with a high defensive line and hard tackling and high closing down.