mkdons4eva

Reaction score
Playing as Mk dons, and i cant win a game! I was doing fine in the friendlys at the start of the season, since then iv been ****.

Iv tried 3 different formations/tactics, iv given them time to get used to each one and still with no luck

My current formation is:

GK: David Martin

RB: Danny Woodards
CB: Sean O hanlon
CB: Mathias Doumbe
LB: Dean Lewington

DM: Stephen Hughes

CM: Peter Leven

RW: Angelo Balanta
LW: Luke Chadwick

ST: Rowan Vine
ST: Sam Baldock

Sub: Daniel Powell, Ryan Noble, Jamil Adam, Stuart Searle, Gary Mackenzie, Jabo Ibehre, Adam Chicksen

Would really Appreciate some help with this. Iv got good players, iv tried a Tactic from here called "Bodells two up top"and iv tried two of my own with no luck.

Someone help! please! Thanks

Defence is the best Offence. That's the line I go by with all my FM saves.

you need one more cm playing only with one isnt good (my opinion)

Playing as Mk dons, and i cant win a game! I was doing fine in the friendlys at the start of the season, since then iv been ****.

Iv tried 3 different formations/tactics, iv given them time to get used to each one and still with no luck

My current formation is:

GK: David Martin

RB: Danny Woodards
CB: Sean O hanlon
CB: Mathias Doumbe
LB: Dean Lewington

DM: Stephen Hughes

CM: Peter Leven

RW: Angelo Balanta
LW: Luke Chadwick

ST: Rowan Vine
ST: Sam Baldock

Sub: Daniel Powell, Ryan Noble, Jamil Adam, Stuart Searle, Gary Mackenzie, Jabo Ibehre, Adam Chicksen

Would really Appreciate some help with this. Iv got good players, iv tried a Tactic from here called "Bodells two up top"and iv tried two of my own with no luck.

Someone help! please! Thanks

I've been Having the same problem, I was playing as Watford and only just survived relegation by 1 point on the final game of the season.

You should try the 4-3-3 with 4 defenders, 3 central midfielders, 1 right winger, 1 left winger and 1 striker

I'm new to the game too and had the same problem at the start with 1.FC Kaiserslautern. What kind of improved things for me were to hire the maximum amount of staff and optimize the training assignments for the various coaches. Then before each match I got hints about the opponents in the backroom page like playing narrow, deep / high defnesive line. I started to adopt these hints before each match and it greatly improved my match results.

Your midfield way too weak.

4 attackers and 1 central midfielder isn't good if u meet opponents with a heavy midfield they will control you.

If u make the defensive midfielder a central instead it will give more stability. You will create more chances, but it's still an offensive formation and your middle is still not strong.

I tried the 4-2-4 and I scored a bunch of goals. However I conceded a lot too. My matches ended normally like 3-2 or 4-2, but as long as you score alot it's hard to loose.

I would strongly recommend going with 3 centre mids with the players at your disposal. This always works for me:
LCM: deep lying playmaker (support)
CM: ball winning midfielder (support)
RCM: centre midfielder (automatic)

I would strongly recommend going with 3 centre mids with the players at your disposal. This always works for me:
LCM: deep lying playmaker (support)
CM: ball winning midfielder (support)
RCM: centre midfielder (automatic)

Ok thanks.

What about the rest? 2 up top? Or keep a DM and have 2 wingers and 1 striker?

Teams need time to adjust to tactics. If you do want to choose from different tactics I highly suggest using the Tactics Creator. I'm managing Spurs, I finished 5th, 3rd, and 6th in the league in my first 3 seasons. Then I used the Tactics Creator and finished 1st. But having decent players and knowing what you are doing also helps!

Have your CM's on automatic they will attack as well as defend which will help your team, however they will tire easily so it is advised to have them have a high stamina.

I usually always start a game with a 4-4-2 and work my way on from there depending on who I have at my disposal ie. I change my tactic to fit to my best players. I would perhaps try this.

GK: Defend

RB: Fullback -automatic
LB: Fullback- automatic
CB: Limited- Stopper
CB: Limited- Stopper

MR/AMR: Winger- Support
ML/AML: Winger- Support
MC: Ball Winning Midfielder- Support
MC: Box to Box Midfielder- Support

ST: Target Man- Support
ST: Poacher- Attack

You could alternatively use wide midfielder's instead of winger's, I usually use a winger as they cross the ball in and a wide midfielder usually cut's in I think.

Also try a counter/normal/control mentality. A deep defensive line, I usually use a slow pace, and make width normal.
Don't use offside trap

Make your team press more often
And Tackling Harder if you wish

Last edited: