What are you reading?

Craven

The trequartista
Reaction score
There are topics on favourite music and TV shows so I figured, why not a book topic?

What are you reading at the moment? I'm currently reading Firewall by Andy McNab, it's part of a series of books centered around an ex-SAS soldier operating as a 'K' which is basically a deniable ops agent. McNabs background is aswell, SAS, so his writing is even more convincing because he hasn't needed to research like most fiction novelists, he's actually been there.

I know Kris is, but is anyone else a reader here?

I read a lot, have done since I was a kid. Not reading anything at the moment but the most recent things Ive read are The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (a fresh take on the Dracula mythos) and The Madmans Tale by John Katzenbach (an ex-lunatic asylum inmate descends into madness once more as he recounts the tale of a murderer haunting him in the asylum).
Both are cracking reads. Others I could recommend are:

American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis
Red Dragon/Silence Of The Lambs/Hannibal - Thomas Harris
Vampire World Trilogy - Brian Lumley
A Dark Dividing - Sarah Rayne

I also like most of the Patricia Cornwell books, Portrait Of A Killer being my favourite (her take on who exactly was Jack The Ripper), and a lot of Stephen Kings books, mainly - It, Christine, The Shining and 'Salems Lot.

Last edited:
Im Currently reading ***** by Irvine Welsh. Got it like a month or two ago and im only like 50 pages in :p

Deception Point by Dan Brown but im sorta stop start with it but i have also read the Shinning,Angels & Demons (dan Brown) and the da vinci code in the last wee while.

currently reading stevie gerrard autobiography

Hist and Pol books 4 course at uni.

I h8 reading, have only read Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter really.

lol..I'm readin ****** history books aswell at the minute

I've read all of Dan Brown's books though, Angels and Demons is prob the best. I've read half of Collina's autobiography and that was pretty cool...but once i got back from hol stopped lol

Yeh, I m Reading the road to war :) by my Histroy teacher Andrew Hunt

Last two books i've read are; The Amber Spyglass(some adventure/fantasy thing and its like a war thing very good) and Orwell's 1984 whch I enjoyed though, it took a while to get into it; kept blabbing for ages about the same thing at start but then it livened up.

Recently read Peter Kays autobiography and now started Chubby Browns.

Both are good books actually.

And it's either that or read uni books :)

I havn't read a book (oustside of education) for years. Last one I read was the Keane autobiaography and I only got about a 1/3 the way through.

i love reading football hooligan books (especially boro ones as i recognise all the places :p)

or biographies of gangsters/criminals/murderers and other uplifting topics

i find them fascinating :D

Yeh, I m Reading the road to war :) by my Histroy teacher Andrew Hunt

Andy Hunt ftw.

I'm reading:
The Password Is Courage - well I just finished it not long ago.
The Bible

Elizabeth Kostova - The Historian

Wow never knew there were so many readers here.. about a year ago i read angels and demons,deception point, LOTR, harry potter, memoirs of a geisha, life of pi.

i havnt really been reading for 6months or so though, but iam open for reccomentdations for good books :D. I might actaully read some orwell.

and memoirs of a geisha is awesome !