What do people think of this challenge?

BullishBull

Reaction score
I'm mulling over whether to start this challenge and would like your thoughts on it. I will explain the challenge below.

The challenge is to make your own club via the editor(not the in game one) You then place your club into the BPL and remove a team like Hull or Burnley. You make your own stadium, and give yourself a capacity of between 40,000 and 60,000. You give yourself a budget of around £200m and you essentially have to sign around 16 to 18 players to build a squad. It won't be easy to gel all those new players and compete in the BPL. The ultimate challenge is to overtake Manchester United for BPL titles and Real Madrid for Champions League trophies. So as you can see this is a long term challenge, but it's my belief that this save won't go stale as there is so much to achieve and aim for short term and long term.

There was a similar one to this several years back on thedugout 'Win the league for the price of Torres' so you had an empty squad and had 50M for the transfer. This was back when transfer prices were still reasonable enough that you could find some quality around the 7-8M price range and then hit the big 4 for some young talent on season long loans.

That was a proper ball-breaker as you would generally get 2-3 months into the season and start picking up injuries before realising that you may have build a reasonalbe 1st XI, but you had ****** all depth so more than 2 or 3 injuries and you were screwed