What do you do when first opening up a new game?

• Thread starter Thread starter TaylorJae
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3K

TaylorJae

Reaction score
Okay, so you've chosen your pool of players from the desired nations. You've analysed the possibilities within each club and chosen 'that' one because you're certain excitement and competition lay ahead. It loads, you're greeted with a plethora of inboxes and you sit staring at the screen...

What do you do when starting a new career? Do you go setup the training, analyse players or buy your wonderkids?

The reason I ask is because I often find myself not making it to mid-season before I get bored and start over. I need to get some consistency.

First of all I check all players at the club. If there are any gems hidden in the youth or second squad i could use (later). Then i start analysing my strengths and weaknesses of my squad. What tactic would be best, where i should strengthen, possible sales. When i done that I'll open my emails, discuss staff, goals of the season and budget etc.

From then on I'll start organising friendly's, install my own backroom staff and do first friendly's. After like 2 weeks I will start doing transfers, after i got first idea's of which players might fit and should go and getting first scout reports in. Once the competition has started for a few weeks I've got an even better idea of the strengths and weaknesses of my team and I will force sales and lengthen contracts, so the players in form won't start begging for bigger clubs from the very start.

Oh and I'd reset the training on a 2-3 month basis.

The most fun I find in playing a team I dont have a connection with in real life, is to make them play a certain style. Play countre, hit-and-run, tiki-taka. Set a specific tactic you would like this club to be playing and start building it.

What kind of clubs are you usually playing with?

I always use the first season as a sort of try-out, learning the club and players, building a tactical foundation and so on.
But the reason that I only play 1-3 saves per FM-edition, is that I usually starts with either lower-league clubs or in low-rep nations and always focusses on youth development & generally improving your club.

I think that if I started a save with Real Madrid, Chelsea etc. I would get bored quite fast, as the ladder to climb and things to improve would be more limited.

First thing I do is check club players if any of the players fit into my system of playing. Transfer list them if they don't, then check staff bring in my own or better staff. I like youth players so if any hidden gem youth players they are added straight to senior team f their 18,19 and haven't had much first team. And i go from there.

i 1st look in u10s 7 u21 for any good pottential i see fittting my playing style and then begin to place a 1st team of players and look at back up of players of possible of players i want remain at the club and transfer list the unwanted and then i dig into reports and look at who fills the hole with what i want and 1st season is always about consistentcy not changing too much getting the absolute best out of ur squad

i 1st look in u10s 7 u21 for any good pottential i see fittting my playing style and then begin to place a 1st team of players and look at back up of players of possible of players i want remain at the club and transfer list the unwanted and then i dig into reports and look at who fills the hole with what i want and 1st season is always about consistentcy not changing too much getting the absolute best out of ur squad
Yeah this is my problem wheneve I start somewhere new I change to much too quick like getting rid of high earners then finding out their a club legend. Then first few months are rocky because to many new players blah blah.

thats it at max sign 2 players in 1st season ull do alot better i usually sign 1 and 1 for the following season already arranged

What kind of clubs are you usually playing with?

I always use the first season as a sort of try-out, learning the club and players, building a tactical foundation and so on.
But the reason that I only play 1-3 saves per FM-edition, is that I usually starts with either lower-league clubs or in low-rep nations and always focusses on youth development & generally improving your club.

I think that if I started a save with Real Madrid, Chelsea etc. I would get bored quite fast, as the ladder to climb and things to improve would be more limited.

At the moment I am playing with hip rep clubs (Juve, Man U etc.) But this is only because I want to learn how different tactics affect the team and how things work.

Usually, I go straight to tactics, checking the players I have and get them to know the tactics already. Then I check the positions that need to be strenghtned, look for free agents (if LLM), or for real bargains (if I have a bit of money to spend, I'm always a wheeler dealer), then see the staff, hire better coaches, and finally, meet the chairman :)It's a really tedious and busy first day, everytime I want to start a new save I forget about this ordeal.

I sack all my coaching staff, under 21s too. I usually replace my assistant last as it's hard to filter out coaches not interested in joining you.

But everyone goes who isn't 4.5* or above when doing big clubs. THEN after that I look at tactics and players...

I sack all my staff and get an all brazilian staff. Everything from physios to u18 gk coaches, all the staff and a decent *** man and then go and look at my first team, and then at the reserves and see what the team lacks and then dive into the transfer market with the under 23 years old filter

Personally I look at the tactics, I have my own favoured formation so I check to see if the side could play it, if not then I will find a tactic the players can fit into, once I've done that I'll look over my staff to find any glaring weaknesses in coaching to try to improve this in certain phases. Once I've done that then I start looking at players and I'll try to find players to fit the tactic I've settled on. Then I crack on from there, I do find some games harder to get into than others and that is normally to me not being great at the game.

If I pick a top side I'd find it boring if I was winning all the time, I tend to always have a West Ham save as that is the club I support, I really want to start an unemployed game one day and start at the bottom, but I have always found this extremely difficult and end up getting stuck in being a mid table side in their division and struggling to ever progress!

Back