• Thread starter Thread starter Tottnam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3K

Tottnam

Reaction score
TottenhamHotspur-4.png

18JermainDefoe.png

What are your thoughts on my team selection?

I'm planning on selling a lot of players, especially the oldies and Wilson Palacios because I really don't like his name, his performances or voleyball.

Woodgate, King, Jenas, Gomes, and Cudicini must be sold before the next transfer window so I can take an aggresive approach on the player market and get some quality players to strengthen my defence - I strongly believe my central defenders are sub-par, and that a better GK needs to be secured: Akinfeev (Or Begovic if Akinfeev snubs Spurs).

I plan on getting quite some quids in for those players, plust I'll probably let go of Crouch too (Doesn't really fit into my team, too tall) and Pavlyuchenko (Want a player that better suits the Deep-Lying Forward role).

Summing up, I'll be needing 1 quality CB, 1 backup CB, 1 quality DM, 1 quality GK, and ermm I think that's pretty much it. Oh and a Striker, but I'm in talks with Flamengo to bring in Adriano (Can get him pretty cheap and I think he can fullfill Pavly's role way better than the Russian does)

I'm content with Huddlestone so far, nasty passes he plays. Of course Modric is a beast as an inside forward and Lennon as a winger just destroys defences. Jermaine D. is just unstoppable so far as a Poacher: 17 goals in 12 games, and he doesn't even take free-kicks or penalties!!!

Oh well, I over extended. Hope you don't complain 'bout my wall of text or poor grammar.

Cheers!

Last edited:
your quality CB should be Simon Kjaer. Good player, and only gets better with him being young.

Otamendi for CB, Sissokho for DM and pick one of Lloris/Neuer/Adler/Akinfeev for your goalkeeper.

Personally I'd keep Woodgate or King, as back-up if you must.

Ummm I've offered as high as US 25M for Kjar and they won't accept it. Any other suggestions? I've had Cristian Zapata in my previous saves, but I really don't want to be repetitive and use the same players all over again.

Oh and who's that 'Gignac' Harty mentioned? I can't seem to find him. Where does he play?

Lastly, haven't had luck with the keepers. Their clubs either ask too much or the players refuse to come to Spurs.

:/

PS: Sissoko is now mine! : D

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Wow I've set Defoe as my penalty taker to inflate his goals/apps so I could sell him for big $ and he's missed 4 penalties so far., so ******. He hasn't scored even once!

Why are you selling Palacios :O? Just play huddlestone in defensive midfield as a deep lying playmaker and play Palacios in centre midfielder. Palacios is quality!

His Long Shots attribute is only 10. His passing, at 12, is mediocre. Sure he's quite pacy and his stamina/strength are massive, but since I only use 2 CMs I think I need someone with better passing to create clear cut chances via through balls, or to abuse all the rebounds and score from the edge.

And yes, I have now moved Huddlestone to the DM position (Still a DLPlaymaker) and Sissoko to CM as a Box to Box.

Last edited:
Palacios is not a playmaker, he does not need exceptional long shots or passing, he has his strengths in pace, stamina, strength and tackling, which is why he is a Ball Winning Midfielder and a brilliant one at that.

do you have any decent youth players in your rank

Uhmm I sold two decent fullbacks (Walker and Naughton) but I'm keeping Henry Kane to see how he develops.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Palacios is not a playmaker, he does not need exceptional long shots or passing, he has his strengths in pace, stamina, strength and tackling, which is why he is a Ball Winning Midfielder and a brilliant one at that.

Uhmm I guess you're right. Personally, I'd rather have someone who can win balls and then play them to their teammates. I think Sissoko is superior as a Box to Box right now, and he's only 21 years old so there's room for a lot of improvement. In addition, I love seein those 30+ yards beautiful goals : D

8MoussaSissoko-2.png

Last edited:
How about up loading your tactic's so people can try it out!

No! Maybe I should try it with a Coca Cola team before uploading. Don't want to embarrass myself, cause I reckon winning with a team filled with quality players like Tottenham is one thing, but achieving success with, say, Barnsley, is another.

Besides, it's a pretty simple tactic. Direct passes, pressing, hard tackling to stop counter-attacks, wide formation, quick tempo, and a semi-high defensive line. Roaming players constantly looking for spaces, fluid philosophy that aims to control the pace of the game via high possession football.

Defenders are set to fullbacks, centrebacks to stopper and cover. 1 DCM as a DLP, 1 CM as a box to box. AMR as winger (Lennon), AML as Inside Forward (Modric, Kranjcar), 1 poacher (I had Jenas but I just sold him to Barça for 37M) and a Deep Lying Forward (Adriano, got him pretty cheap!)

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

What do you think of this guy BTW? I bought him but over-looked some of his stats. Do you think that if I create a customized training for him I can get him to greatly improve his Stamina and Acceleration? Or is there a limit to how high each stat can get to?
6GojkoKacar.png

Last edited:
What do you think of this guy BTW? I bought him but over-looked some of his stats. Do you think that if I create a customized training for him I can get him to greatly improve his Stamina and Acceleration? Or is there a limit to how high each stat can get to?
6GojkoKacar.png

Concentration stats and positions stats are quite poor mate and they are key for both defensive midfield and centre back... Looks alright though.

Back