• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aannddyy

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
I'm on Chris22's update and it says De La Red is out for 16-17 months due to a Serious Viral Infection or something. Could somebody tell me what this is? Because I haven't heard anything about it, considering he's being kept out for over a year..

i think he has some sort of heart condition that they dont know how to sort it or they dont really know anything about it

I think he has some sort of Heart Condition and suffered a heart attack of some sort.If you look him up on google it will tell you.

Last edited:
Just looked on wikipedia and it said

"..On October 30, 2008, de la Red was hospitalized after collapsing during a cup match against Real Unión. He suffered an effort syncope.[3] On December 12, the club announced the player would be missing the rest of the campaign as a precaution; and some subsequent media reports claimed that he might never recover from his heart condition.[4]
In late June 2009, after further tests proved inconclusive, de la Red has been confirmed to miss the entire 2009-10 season as well, also being scheduled for tests every two months to monitor his situation.[5] On 2 July, the club confirmed the news through its official website.[6] After new Madrid signing Raúl Albiol was given the number 18, previously worn by de la Red, the defender promised giving the shirt number back to de la Red once he eventually makes a return.."

That's a shame. I hope he gets better soon, he's a great player.

From the news I've read, it's not really clear what's the problem , besides affecting the heart. Last news were a month or so ago, when they said for autumn they'd be making more tests and then they hope to have the final call on what's the issue and if he can return to play or he shall retire.

Yeah I think by the January/February Patch on FM10 he will either be erased of the game and/or we will find out more.

That's a shame because he is a great player.I hope he will return in action or as a staff member.Reminds me of Sebastian Deisler.Too bad...

i dont think he will get his game at madrid now though

The horrible thing is that he won't know for a while yet whether he can play again. He might be on the mend for the next 18 months only to find that he can't kick another ball. He's a very good talent. On one of my FM games he got sold to Barcelona for £24 Million in the 2nd season and he won top assists that season. Poor lad...

He is a top player, just about to break into Madrid's first team as well. It's a shame, I hope he recovers. But I forgot he was out for a season and just bought him with Shakhtar for £4.5M, lame =|

yesterday i saw on skysports that a 17 year old keeper from wolves retired due to a heart problem

Thats very interesting as I was under the impression he kept blacking out & did so while playing a match.
Bless him, a heart condition, its quite scary considering how fit footballers are & how young also. Cant forget the legend Vivien - Foe.
And De La Red was spanish, something Real lack, lol. ( I can speak, An Arsenal fan with like 1 first teamer englishman)
C'MON WILSHERE, Make it 2 !! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back