What happens if a club goes bankrupt?

Fish Hunter

Reaction score
The title pretty much says it all... What happens if a club goes bankrupt?

I dont think it ever happens on the game. I'm not sure about administration though :)

Not seen it in FM11 as not played far enough through yet. Previous games you saw administration which led to points deduction (-10 I think) and a fire sale of players as administrators accept reduced offers.

when they can't pay the wages( top prem club around -400 million balance is when they cant pay it. Administrators come in and take over financial control and the team is deducted 9 points, transfer embargo is placed and players are up for cheap, if they can't improve finances then they begin to release players until they can leave but they leave a massive loan on the club. -9 points every time they come in. Happened to man city, 2020 and finally all their money dried up and got a total of 36 points deducted and lost Eden hazard, de Gea and Phil Jones. they finished 16th.

what ccc4his said really, once saw it on one of my saves happen at Portsmouth. it was Brutal, they dropped from a Mid prem Team, dropped all their decent players and ended up running on their Under 18 squad, as their first team, for about 4 seasons straight. 3 of these seasons ended with 0 Wins and i think the combination of all three seasons added to a total of 2 draws.

the worst part was, one of those draws was to me... Damnit! xD

On my Villa save(Season 2016/17) Liverpool are currently in receivership with a loan debt of $165Mil(their worth has dropped to $60Mil). They've lost all but 2 first team players(Wayne Hennessy, & Emiliano Insua) over the last 3 seasons & a new President(Solomon Phiri). They are now relying on a few reserves(4) & youth players(Bought one labeled as next peter Crouch for $2Mil, & he has their best striker :p)

Last edited:
The reason I asked was because I saw Villareal "B" going bankrupt in my game. It's strange that the B teams goes bankrupt, when it's a part of Villareal :p Villareals economy was safe by the way.

is it when you buy players on monthly installments thats the cause of it??

what ccc4his said really, once saw it on one of my saves happen at Portsmouth. it was Brutal, they dropped from a Mid prem Team, dropped all their decent players and ended up running on their Under 18 squad, as their first team, for about 4 seasons straight. 3 of these seasons ended with 0 Wins and i think the combination of all three seasons added to a total of 2 draws.

the worst part was, one of those draws was to me... Damnit! xD

That wasn't a save. That actually happened