Stillthere

Reaction score
First season with Valencia. It's stiil 19th September, but so far that's not look's promising. My team sturggling to create chances, our game isn't net, a lot of bad decisions, some gaps between the players and bad position.

I playing 4-3-3 DM, control mentality. My vision is to create chances by short passes and patience play, be dangerous while we are attacking but always be careful at the back.

There is my starting eleven and their roles:
9c2b5eabe554006c49305d86cd35461c.png

*Some rotations between Andre Gomes and Enzo Perez.
*Some rotations between Santi Mina and Bakkalli.

There is my TI:
052a5f03698cabbb01b2671641ed640a.png

In you opinion and experince, where is my problems? What blocking my team?

Thanks.

Why exactly did you select Retain Possession? Do you know what it does exactly?

You also have no link player. It's short passing, yes, but the roles are too aggressive. The front 3 just bomb forward, giving your midfield no real passing options.

Drop Santi Mina and Feghouli to WM (Attack) positions, add instructions accordingly (to make them play how you want).

Paco down to DLF(S)

Parejo AP (S) Andre Gomes CM(S). Make him go further forward and move into channels etc.

Full Backs to (A).

Narrower. Balanced or Narrow.

Xhaka DLP (S) or DM (S)

Just off the top of my head... i'm not good at explaining things, i just can see it work in my head. Try it.

Why exactly did you select Retain Possession? Do you know what it does exactly?

You also have no link player. It's short passing, yes, but the roles are too aggressive. The front 3 just bomb forward, giving your midfield no real passing options.

What you advice me to do?

Drop Santi Mina and Feghouli to WM (Attack) positions, add instructions accordingly (to make them play how you want).

Paco down to DLF(S)

Parejo AP (S) Andre Gomes CM(S). Make him go further forward and move into channels etc.

Full Backs to (A).

Narrower. Balanced or Narrow.

Xhaka DLP (S) or DM (S)

Just off the top of my head... i'm not good at explaining things, i just can see it work in my head. Try it.
Ok, thanks. I will try it.
FB to?

Don't follow advice blindly. You're going to change the roles, but do you know why? Does it fit how you want to play?

What you advice me to do?
I gave you the issues. HAVE A LINK PLAYER. 1 at the very least. One to drop off and make himself available for passes. Who you do is up to you.

Don't follow advice blindly. You're going to change the roles, but do you know why? Does it fit how you want to play?

Let people enjoy things. This is football manager, you should have other areas in your life where you put in the kind of thought and forward-progress-growth thinking, FM should be just to cool down after doing the other things...

First things first.
In your tactics, If you want to be careful at the back, switch your wide players to support roles. In Attack roles they stay forward and refuse to help out in defense.
Secondly, If you are trying to achieve a Barcelona system then your midfield trio is fine, but requires the right personnel, If NOT, then switch Xhaka to a Regista or an Anchor Man, to actually be of use to your team defensively.
Rest looks Fine, In a control mentality, the team is still offensively geared, but is more cautious at the back, But if you move everyone else to an attacking mentality, then team becomes more attacking.
More attacking a team is, the more the tempo needed. Playing a low tempo game with attacking players stifles them because now they are having to slow down play when they could be attacking a retreating defender.
So either switch them to support and keep the tempo low or tempo high and wingers attacking.

Try this out a couple of games, it should work.

PS. My most successful midield trio has always been
Advanced Playmaker (Attack)-------------Central Midfielder (Support/Automatic)
Ball Winning Midfeilder(Defend)