What is needed to make a team fully professional?

Reaction score
I decided to take one of the worst teams I could find (Chimney Corner of the Norther Irish Second Division) and I was looking at teams in the in the Premier Division and all of them are semi pro as well. So my question is what will my team have to do to be professional? Do I just have to go on major cup and European runs to improve my finances so my board will let the team become pro or will I just be stuck as a semi pro team?

In FM 2011 I managed Boreham Wood once and whenever I signed someone, I offered him full-time contract and after a few years (when I reached League One) board decided to make my club fully professional. In low league management fluctuation is usually hight, so just keep offering full-time contracts to new players and board will decide in right time.

I am working on taking Dartford pro. What happened was, I started out in the English BSS league. Won the division was promoted to BSP. Won that division the next year, and have just been promoted to npower league 2. Everyone in there is a pro team. I asked my board of directors once I had won the division if we could go pro, and they turned me down. A month later they announced, along with 6 other teams, they were converting to pro status. All of a sudden I can offer full time contracts now. The trouble is, all these **** players I was paying nothing for part time contracts now want a bunch of money for full time. I can't afford my team anymore. Not sure how I'm going to manage things now.

I would do that but I can only offer amateur and part time contracts.
It probably depends on board. It's bad that you can't offer profi contracts to them. So keep waiting for promotion a try to convince board whenever possible...

Back