what is the best and worst thing about fm 2010

loyal royal1

Reaction score
i am wondering if i should get it for christmas as haven't got it.
so therefore tell me wat is the best and worst thing about football manager 2010 thnx(K)

Tactics Creator- Best
Penalty shoot out bug- Worst XD

Best - Tactics Creator
Worst - Having to pay ridiculous amounts for players

Best - Having a big choice of teams, Tactics Creator
Worst - Having a big choice of teams, indecision.

You can create your own tactics- the button is at the top of your tactics screen.

Best: Backroom Advice bit
Worst: If you are in the cup and in extra time, it always goes to penalty's. Even if you score in the 118th minute the oppenents will score but if the opponents score then you better hope you score DANNGGG.

best: player roles/duties, also a lot neater and tidier than 09
worst: that ******* khamel ghilas always scoring against me :(

Best - Tactic Creator / Backroom Advice

Backroom Advice is spectacular IMO.

Worst - Penalty Shootout Bug / Indecision in choosing a team.

Penalty shootout bug, which I've suffered [**** KILMARNOCK :(] can be cured through the update, I'm sure. Also, indecision is an *** XD

what do you mean indecision??

Oh, worst: Manager of the month curse

Tactic Creator / Achievement's of steam

nothing is really bad about it apart from the penalty bug which will be sorted soon

what do you mean indecision??

Oh, worst: Manager of the month curse
Indecision; basically, thinking of a team to choose. For instance, you load up a league you feel that you could choose a team from. Then, you don't want to choose that team anymore, so you go back and reload another league, etc.

I'm also getting for christmas but have played demo i think Tactics Creater is the best :).
And not as many really good players is the worst :).

Best - backroom advice
Worst - many bugs - The bug with Malcolm Christie from the other thread,also there's a bug where the Histon manager is always manager of the month for BSP,penalty shoot-out bug.

Well, I still havent play loads of penalty shoot outs, but I think is something similar to the penalty bug in FM 2006. In that bug the winner was always the guest coming team, and the score was 2:3.

Btw, there are many good thinks at FM, though sometimes it crashes on mac. But the game and the interface are great. There are many add-ons which will make you game even better than it is. addons like face pack and logos:D

Best thing: back room advice/ ask assistant
Worst thing: It crashes on Mac

Last edited:
Best thing - new tactical board and back room assistant
Worse thing - the fakeness that you pay for players and players that score with long distance shots when there shooting is only like 12/13 and long shots is only like 9 and top class keepers can save them

best thing - tactics system completely revamped, backroom advice meetings (in these meetings your staff recommend new player roles, praise in form players, which of your tactics are ineffective, sometimes even players to sign).

worst thing - it should be called 'football manager 2010: the recession'. i'm only in my 2nd season but there doesn't appear to be much money in the game, definitely alot less than was in the other FM game's anyway. you have to be very aware of your clubs finances and wage bills, and your transfer budgets are generally less than half of what they were in older games.

Back