What is the best gaming laptop you can buy at Singapore at the moment?

• Thread starter Thread starter ianblackwel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2K

ianblackwel

Reaction score
I'll be going to Singapore this coming November 4 for vacation and I'm planning on buying a gaming laptop. I'd just like to ask what is the best gaming laptop you can buy at the moment under 4000 SGD. So far I'm thinking of the Asus w90Vn. I'm also considering the Asus w90vp-x1 or the MSI gt725 if they are already available in the market. Thanks.

Yeah the ones you suggested are good but if you got some spare dough...get an Alienware Laptop

Yeah the ones you suggested are good but if you got some spare dough...get an Alienware Laptop

you don't really want an alienware, as with all their stuff-it's too much for too little The base model m15x is approx 1200USD that's only packing an i3 350m processor and a GT240m

You could just get an MSi gx740 which comes with an i7 740m and a 5870m for around the same price. Both are infinitely more powerful than the base loadout of the m15x. A similar spec Alienware costs close to 200-300dollars more and is a 15" screen only. Alienware's look cool but I'd rather spend the $$ on hardware performance

Anyways to the op the base specs you should be looking for is at least an i5 processor or preferrably an i7, Fm2010 is very processor demanding. For graphics the minimum you should be getting for that kind of $ is an ATI 5870m or an NVidia 480m. The W90's have the best of the last generation of processors (core2duo/quad)which are still good but not reall great if you're looking to spend that kind of $

Most reasonably priced gaming laptops are not going to "light" or have great battery life so be prepared. Also be prepared as you may have to reinstall software as it may be set to native malay instead of English

Last edited:
Back