What is the Beverly Hills of Scotland? and other considerations for an SPL edit

• Thread starter Thread starter jaq855
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 820

jaq855

Reaction score
I want to try to make the game a little more dynamic and more competitive. I am going to do an edit with new national rules for Scotland (I'm choosing Scotland b/c I want to raise up the league to compete with EPL and La Liga). I want to add a playoff for the championship to give more teams a chance to win. Also, I want to add three cups with a lot of money attached, so teams that are prioritizing cups over the league may actually make more prize money and come out better off.

Here are some specific changes I'm planning on:

Expand the SPL to 14 or 16 teams
Play a shortened regular season + 3 rounds of playoffs

Cup 1: Players under 24 only
Cup 2: UK/Irish players only
- make England, wales, ireland, northern ireland "non-foreign", then make a no foreign players rule.
Cup 3: traditional

The idea here is to have to stay balanced between youths and veterans, and foreign and national players

League Prize money would be the highest in the world
Cup prize money would be approximate to EuroCup

I want this league to be the best and have money to attract any player in the world, but I did do something similar with an edit in FM11 for the MLS. Every MLS team was in the top 30 richest clubs in the world, but non of them spent more than about $10 million on transfers, and most teams seemed to operate by their normal standards despite having tens of millions or more in the bank. So I will need to also try to change the behavior of the clubs in the league to make them big spenders.

Increase preference to sign Brazilian and Argentinian players
Increase stadium capacity
Improve Scotland's reputation (to generate better youths)
Increase the populations of cities and the country? (I think that may help support large crowds and produce more top regens, but I may be wrong)
New rivalries and derbies
Make star players (Messi, Ronaldo, Gotze, etc.) favorable to SPL teams and managers, or just put them in the league outright.

I may also add some teams from the Npower leagues and Ireland, to have some more quality teams and geographical range.

Within this system, I am considering what type of team I should manage. I have an idea for a team in a very small town with a 5000-10,000 capacity stadium, but with tickets that are obscenely expensive, maybe $1,000 a seat, $15,000 for a season ticket plan. I think I may totally customize this team, which brings me to my title question: What is a super-rich small town in Scotland that I could base this out of? Or perhaps a better question, What is a ****-town in Scotland that I can ironically put this team in?

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading a clumsy and tedious idea for an edit, let me know if you have any comments, or any experience in trying to artificially create a super-league.

Nice idea with the cups...

You shouldn't need to edit bank balances or budgets etc if your prize money is high. The teams will get rich themselves. Also, the prize money in the 2nd season and beyond will drop depending on the reputation of the league.
Don't bother about making the star players favour the league, in 7-10 years time, with the right set up, it will be a top class league and have top class players.
If you can, give Scotland an extra place in the Champions League. It helps with reputation, especially if a lower club did well in the league then makes it to Europe.

I did a similar thing with Australia, but because the original league reputation wasn't right and the Asian CL only allowed 2 Australian teams at the time, the standard was on average lower EPL team standard after 15 years of testing. A good thing though was that Australia ended up in the top 10 in world rankings and quite a few regens had 180 CA/PA, but were playing for Manchester, Milan etc. and not Australian clubs.

Back