What is the hardest team to manage?

CanadianRyan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Always interested to read who is a fun team to work with, but I want a challenge...

What is the hardest team to meet expectations with?? Financial difficulty/debt, no youth system to speak of, first team all over the hill, etc etc etc. Is there a team out there that just can't help but get demoted or manager gets sacked regardless of how football intelligent you may be??

Thanks!

Some teams in the Spanish lower leagues because many have big debt little in the way of facilities and sponsorship money is a pittance compared to other leagues...

Hi all,

Always interested to read who is a fun team to work with, but I want a challenge...

What is the hardest team to meet expectations with?? Financial difficulty/debt, no youth system to speak of, first team all over the hill, etc etc etc. Is there a team out there that just can't help but get demoted or manager gets sacked regardless of how football intelligent you may be??

Thanks!

Where do you want to play? what leagues? The top division or the very bottom?
San Marino challenge comes to mind ;)

Q.P.R and Norwich are very hard to manage, the manager gets sacked very easy

You have to be more specific m8.

Big league challenge or just picking a small team in Europe and try to win the ECL?

Going for a big league challenge, try to pick any team from Spain Adelante league and in 5 years win the ECL.

Going for an European small team, try to pick some Norwegian team and make them win the ECl in 10 seasons!

All these people who are putting clubs in financial trouble are forgetting about Truro since they are much worse off.

You have to be more specific m8.

True enough, I just wanted to get some banter about what other managers have seen as difficutly challenges, whether it be premier league or small sunday league... just the idea that it was a challenge and even mention what was the challenge i.e. debt, high board expectations, **** players.

Since I started the thread I've enjoyed looking in to some of the teams mentioned and seeing what was there to work with, lots of challanges out there!!

walsall, 2nd season predicted mid table but next to nothing tranfer fee n no wage allowance, like 5k over w/p budget but cant trim cuz of limited amount of players, some decent players but injury prone (for me anyways). but is enjoyable

Any non-league team with debt or no money:
No money to buy players,
No money for wages,
Terrible reputation so you can't attract any players,
No staff,
Hardly any income,
Player contracts last months instead of years then they want slightly more money which you can't pay them, this almost always means your team will change a huge amount over time so players are never really settled in,
Then once you do claw your way up into a league your outcome goes up a huge amount due to wages etc, your tiny stadium and next to no income can't support you so you end up losing more players.

That being said, I find them the most fun teams to manage, definitely the most involving and engaging teams.

Back