What Manager to be?

• Thread starter Thread starter Scunny8619
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2K

Scunny8619

Reaction score
Anyone out there play football manager as a famous former footballer currently not in management and therefore not in the game database?
I like the ex footballer to have a relationship with the club (either former player or started career) I think it gives a good backstory to the game.
In previous games of fm Ive played as Youri Djorkaeff with Bolton, Gary Pallister with Middlesborough and Marco Bode with 1860 Munich.
Im stuck for ideas for fm 2012 just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

I do this! :D but i won't do an ex player save until I've completed saves with the long list of teams I have in mind. The ones I tend to try and re create the careers of but as managers rather then players are Paulo Sousa ( Benfica, Juventus, Espanyol, Inter Milan and more ), David Ginola, Alan Shearer ( delete him of the game first ) and Stelios Gianakopoulos :)

Big Duncan Ferguson at Everton. He was worshipped by the fans during both his spells at Goodison

I think I haven't been myself in years, atleast in FM ;). But I usually do it vice versa: pick a team I like, go through their background and pick a club favourite or idol if I'm familiar with him.

Btw you can always edit the database to be a manager already in game ie. the last save I played in FM11 was managing Napoli as Gianfranco Zola.

I'll be starting as Peter Reid for my first save in respect of the legend. [although it might get confusing if the in-game peter reid gets a job] :P

I tried this once, and I went with David Seaman managing Arsenal. Worked well, but I found all too quickly that I prefer starting as 'Automatic' or 'Sunday League Footballer'.

Big Duncan Ferguson at Everton. He was worshipped by the fans during both his spells at Goodison

Would work wonders in the new game. 'Aggresive' all the way. Step out of line and a head **** awaits.

Would work wonders in the new game. 'Aggresive' all the way. Step out of line and a head **** awaits.

Safe to say the youth players wouldn't dare step out of line either lol. If there's one guy apart from Moyes I'd be truly terrified of upsetting, it would be without doubt Duncan Ferguson lol

The same tactic would work rather well with Roy Keane for Man Utd as well, if you took him out of the game first. 100% aggression.

I think I haven't been myself in years, atleast in FM ;). But I usually do it vice versa: pick a team I like, go through their background and pick a club favourite or idol if I'm familiar with him.

Btw you can always edit the database to be a manager already in game ie. the last save I played in FM11 was managing Napoli as Gianfranco Zola.

That sounds like a good plan. I was thinking of going for a team in League 1 or 2 but not sure of many former legends to suit the role.

I wasnt aware you could edit the database to play as a manager already in the game. How do you do this?

ive played in the role of bergkamp as manager of arsenal on the last 2 fms so i imagine il do that again lol

Back