What players(especially strikers) do you recommend for me to buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter fatshit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

fatshit

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Guys. I'm currently managing Newcastle in my second season- in my first year I bolstered my squad with key players like Rafael Van der Vaart and I powered through the season finishing a wonderful 3rd in the premiership and lifting the FA Cup. I released excess weight in my squad both last year and this year which allowed me to bring in quality players like Van der Vaart, Eboue and Igor Akinfeev.
My second season is practically over- I finished 3rd again and I won the FA Cup again but I was also lucky enough to get to the final of the Carling Cup as well as reaching the final of the Champions league which I am yet to play. The Charity shield was a welcome bonus as well:).
My top goal scorer and world player of the year for 2 years running is Micheal Owen who puts in around 40 a season. I play him up front with Alan Smith and they are a very dangerous duo- Here is my formation:
--------------Alan Smith--------------------------Micheal Owen---------------
----^-----------------------Rafael Van der Vaart------------------------^--------
----|||--------------------------------------------------------------------------|||--------
Damien Duff-----------------------------------------------------Mario Santana
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Ever Banega---------------------------------------
-Jose Enrique-Nedum Onuoha-Abdoulaye Faye- Emmanuel Eboue-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Igor Akinfeev-------------------------------------

Subs: Shay Given, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Steven Taylor, Joey Barton etc

My squad is good but not good enough to challenge the big boys for the long haul- Owen as well as 4 or 5 other key players get injured regularly for months on end and because I sold all the rest of my squad for money- Obafemi Martins, Andy Carroll, Mark Viduka etc I do not have any back up strikers and very few good defenders or midfielders to fill in I struggle when these key players are unavailable.

So can any of you please recommend key players in most positions but especially up front for my squad so I can really challenge in the premier league. I am preferably looking for players no older than 25 with potential and brilliant performance. I imagine I will have in the region of £60million to spend on players as well as around £1.4million to spend per week on wages. So AFFORDING THE PLAYERS is not the problem but ATTRACTING THE PLAYERS is!! I need brilliance that will want to become part of the toon army whatever the price.

Thank you to anybody who replies- I really appreciate it!!

:D;)

Yury zhirkov-bought him at the start of the season for 12.5m and just got a bid from real madrid for 41m
Martin Petrov-very solid player
Tales-Hot prospect
Robert Enke-Very good Keeper
Glen Johnson-Very good defender
Toni Kroos-huuuuuuuuuuuuge potential but tough to get
Vagner Love-took a while to settle in but is scoring almost every game in the second half of my first season

how did you end up with 60m with newcastle?

CD : Sakho , Leo .
LM : Buonanotte , Di Maria .
RM : ??
ST : Laurito , Paloschi

Yury zhirkov-bought him at the start of the season for 12.5m and just got a bid from real madrid for 41m
Martin Petrov-very solid player
Tales-Hot prospect
Robert Enke-Very good Keeper
Glen Johnson-Very good defender
Toni Kroos-huuuuuuuuuuuuge potential but tough to get
Vagner Love-took a while to settle in but is scoring almost every game in the second half of my first season

how did you end up with 60m with newcastle?
I was given like £30 million then I sold £15million worth of players which gave me £45million before I asked the board for more transfer fees and after an ultimatum they obliged. After I invested the money well they sent me a message saying how pleased they were yada yada yada and now they regularly give me around £45-50million + my transfers:). By the way thank you for suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.

if you can u shud get torres and benzema. i hav both for my liverpool team and both r top scorers in d prem an dey play awesome together

Centre Back -Marcano, Sahko, Fazio
Striker - Laurito, Cardozo
Left Mid - Di Maria, Nani
Right Mid - Simao, Acosta, Gourcuff
Left Back - Baines, Antonio Lopez
Right Back - Mazzarani, Maggio

I was given like £30 million then I sold £15million worth of players which gave me £45million before I asked the board for more transfer fees and after an ultimatum they obliged. After I invested the money well they sent me a message saying how pleased they were yada yada yada and now they regularly give me around £45-50million + my transfers:). By the way thank you for suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.
what database u usin??? soz i mean what patch???

You firstly need to put Steven Taylor into your starting line up..hes alot better than both your CBs. Also please tell me you didnt sell Coloccini? Hes an amazing CB too
Miguel Veloso is unreal for like 10m
Guardado is also immense for around 18m
Aguero can be bought for around 25m and is brilliant
Laurito is very cheap and quality
Alexis Sanchez also

ST: Milevyski, cost me £17 million but worth every penny. Saviola cost me £5million and in his first season scored 14 goals and got 14 assists, not bad going.
LB: If you want a quality LB try Kolarov, awesome at defenging at rampaging forward and fires in lethal freekicks, if budget is a bit less try Radek Sirl, not quite as good, but still a very good alround LB.
GK: Asenjo
LM: Royston Drenthe is good.

However if you wanted my pick from those players go for Milevyski (absolute goal machine) and Kolarov.

Back