mikes2k9

Reaction score
I'm Liverpool and I'm looking for a back-up for Ben Arfa. I'm unsure on who to sign any ideas? Preferably a Left Footer. Although I have no clue if that actually benefits on FM.

I currently run a 433 with:

Sterling - Suarez - B. Arfa.

and the Backups atm are:

Assiadi - Jovetic - Nobody.

I would play Suso there but I personally don't see him as a winger and prefer using him in CM.

I'm going to try and sign Zaha and keep Assiadi as an Backup for each wing and have two VERY Promising English wingers coming through.

Also, if there has been anyone in your saves that turn out to be animals in a few years or whatever, please leave them as an suggestion and if they can fill a role for me, I'll try and sign them too as I can see myself having a fair transfer budget left over. I'm currently on 33M and I need to shift Borini still, and I'm considering selling Pepe Reina as he's been a massive let-down so far in my save and I'll try and bring in Ter Stergen.

In my eyes, He'a a LW so yeah, I'm looking at Lamela at the moment as he looks like Messi/Lavezzi in one. Also I think he'd cost a bit from Arsenal.

Lamela!! if you can snag him that would be great, he turns into a great player. About borini though, I wouldn't move him on if I were you, he has been immense for me on my save, he can play the wings and is a great finisher. Also for a former liverpool youngster, Thomas Ince, he can play both wings and is left footed.

as far as some young guns, english wise

James Ward-Prose AMC-CM Southampton
Luke Shaw DL Southampton
Adam Campbell ST Newcastle
Ross Barkley AMC-MC-AMR Everton (scouts tell me he is going to be great and he looks good but he is at everton!
Jack Butland GK Birmingham
Martin Kelly RB-CB Liverpool :D

All those players should turn out very well. my favorites on that list are Ward-Prose, Shaw and Kelly, in my 3rd season the latter two are my starting fullbacks! Kelly has started since day 1 for me though.

If I could choose anyone in the game I'd go for Alexis Sánchez, but he won't leave Barcelona easily.

Yeah, I haven't been using Borini at all to be honest, and Suarez on my save has only scored once in 11 games and I'm starting to get annoyed with him, He hasn't been a Striker all the time, he's been on the wing as an IF, but he's contributing nothing. I just played against Reading and started Borini as a Poacher and he scored twice. He's going to get used alot more from here on out!

Just Unsettled Lamela, made him and in a Transfer Request.

Stage one Completed, now let's hope Roma don't want over 15m as that's insane as Ben Arfa cost me 12.

Yeah, I haven't been using Borini at all to be honest, and Suarez on my save has only scored once in 11 games and I'm starting to get annoyed with him, He hasn't been a Striker all the time, he's been on the wing as an IF, but he's contributing nothing. I just played against Reading and started Borini as a Poacher and he scored twice. He's going to get used alot more from here on out!

Awesome!! one more suggestion for a ST is Mattia Destro, he probably left on a free to somewhere after the end of the first season, but he has been great for me into the 3rd season.

I do play a two striker formation so this may have something to do with it but I have had success with suarez not at a prolific level but at a decent rate, I rotate the three of them and sterling up there, into april and borini is leading my scorers with 23, than suarez and destro are tied on 19 for second. One thing I have noticed though is when I play Suarez as a poacher he does score but he is so much better at the complete forward role, compared to 19 goals he has twelve assists and destro only has 5.

Edited: should also say destro has played fewer games than both of them, 9 less starts than suarez, 3 less than borini but about ten less off the bench.

Last edited:
I'm just hitting December in the First Season and I know it's only been a little while but I'm considering letting go of Agger, Reina and Suarez. Agger has been underperforming for a while and I've let Coates take his slot in the starting 11 and so far he's sitting on a 7.4 AR where Agger is on 6.8 AR with Less games. Reina costs me games and I've been unhappy with him so far and as for Suarez, he's just been useless to be honest. With selling those three I should get a pretty hefty transfer budget and I'm considering on who to bring in.

I can see myself getting
30+ for Suarez, 20+ For Agger and Reina that's hopefully around 70M to spend. Now this would be in January in the first season, so who would you recommend getting in general? I'm looking to go out and get a BBM, CB, ST and a Keeper. All First team starters. Who would you recommend?

Capoue from Toulouse for bbm. He's a beast for me, 13.5m release iirc, Asamoah from Juve would be my dream choice but unsure of his price tag, amazing player though, maybe Vidal from Juve as well? Sandro, Garmash from dinamo, Sissoko also from Toulouse. All good choices IMO.

CB - if you want to spend a lot ( i would highly recommend this) try to unsettle Zouma from Saint-Etienne, one of the best CB in the game imo. he is absolutely immense. other than him I say go for Papadopoulos from Schalke, also a beast.

GK - Ter Stegen from Gladbach for 15-17m well worth the price and turns into world class.

ST - all depends on what type you want, you have a ton of options you can also go for Llorente on a free if you want to pay his wages, maybe Cisse from Newcastle?

Zouma is a *****. He's always like 30M. It's insane his price-tag, but if he's worth it, I'll splash it. 15m for Ter Stegen? Really? I've tried signing him before and they always want 30M for him it's insane. I`ll have a look at Capoue and as for a Striker i'm looking for another youngster in the Ruud Van Nistelrooy build, I want him to sit in the box and score. I already have Borini who's here and I've signed Jovetic.

Zouma is a *****. He's always like 30M. It's insane his price-tag, but if he's worth it, I'll splash it. 15m for Ter Stegen? Really? I've tried signing him before and they always want 30M for him it's insane. I`ll have a look at Capoue and as for a Striker i'm looking for another youngster in the Ruud Van Nistelrooy build, I want him to sit in the box and score. I already have Borini who's here and I've signed Jovetic.

start of the 3rd season i payed 32.5 for zouma and like 12.5 for papa and they have been tearing it up for me, zouma has the highest rating in the league so for me he's worth it.

Try to unsettle Ter Stegen maybe? it depends as well on how gladbach are doing in the league, if you are unlucky and they are soaring he wont want to leave.

Jovetic is an absolute beast and if you play him like that can fill that role, I think he has everything you would look for in that role (he just has a lot more too!) Borini is a perfect poacher but maybe look at Cavani? he is already top drawer but because of that he will cost a lot, but he has some height on him which you may like. hope these all help!

Trying to pay under twenty for Zouma >;D

Gladbech are currently bottom of the Bundesliga so hopefully unsettling him will work.

If you are are looking to play a RW, but have him be a lefty, play him as an inside forward instead. It will work better for you

Huntelaar is a striker who'll sit in the box and score. But he might be a bit expensive.

Look at Sidney Sam or Ryan boudebouz as replacements for Ben arfa, there both left footed natural right wingers :)

Right Midfielder - Zaha,Callejon,Wellington Nem,Insighe,Yarmelenko
Defensive Midfielder - Jara (i think thats how you spell his name)
Striker - Ademilson (one of the best players in fm13)

Thats the main players i always sign

Wellington Nem is a left footed RW and always gets me a goal or two when I sub him on