What satisfaction do you get out of the game?

• Thread starter Thread starter bloodhound
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2K

bloodhound

Reaction score
For you, personally, what is the main attraction and what keeps you playing FM throughout the year? For me it's watching my team progress no matter how easy it becomes. I set myself targets and try and complete them as quick as possible.

I'm currently Liverpool in my 4th season, last year I won every single competition I was in convincingly, yet I'm far from bored because I still have many "mini-targets" to complete. For example, I am yet the best team in the world because I only boast a stadium that has 55,000 seats. My training and youth facilities are miles away from being the best not just in the world, but the country. I want a team behind me with 5 star ratings, in every aspect. I want the regen who I just bought at 15 to become the new Steven Gerrard, the pinnacle of not just my team, but England too. I want a scouting network that will not miss anybody dubbed the new Lionel Messi - included in that network I need to look at my feeder clubs, to really benefit the club financially. I want to make monthly profit, consistantly.

I truly do want to become the best team in the whole world, and that will take time. Maybe another 4-5 years, and until then - that's what's giving me the satisfaction to keep playing.

finding wonderkids
making tactics
managing Manchester United
sharing my views/knowledge/findings/tactics on Fm-base to try and help and make people enjoy the game as much as possible ;)

this is in no particular order either..

I'm managing Runcorn Linnets ATM. Tier 9 league. I've started again so many times, I've lost count. But my aim to take them to the premier league and win all cups. Then, go for the England job and win the world cup and European cup. Only then I will have achieved everything.

Making a team from the lower leagues of a nation into the top side in world football. Nothing more satisfying than developing the youth academy/network and bringing through players that become world class legends for the club

For you, personally, what is the main attraction and what keeps you playing FM throughout the year? For me it's watching my team progress no matter how easy it becomes. I set myself targets and try and complete them as quick as possible.

I'm currently Liverpool in my 4th season, last year I won every single competition I was in convincingly, yet I'm far from bored because I still have many "mini-targets" to complete. For example, I am yet the best team in the world because I only boast a stadium that has 55,000 seats. My training and youth facilities are miles away from being the best not just in the world, but the country. I want a team behind me with 5 star ratings, in every aspect. I want the regen who I just bought at 15 to become the new Steven Gerrard, the pinnacle of not just my team, but England too. I want a scouting network that will not miss anybody dubbed the new Lionel Messi - included in that network I need to look at my feeder clubs, to really benefit the club financially. I want to make monthly profit, consistantly.

I truly do want to become the best team in the whole world, and that will take time. Maybe another 4-5 years, and until then - that's what's giving me the satisfaction to keep playing.

Everyone pretty much has similar ambitions. It just takes a lot of patience if you start with a smaller club. The ultimate goal for me is to be the richest club in the world, be atop the manager's Hall of Fame and win the World Cup at least once with any county during my save. Just started a save with Shakhtar, so lets see how it goes :D

At the moment, with my United save, I want to only bring in youth players, with the only transfers being with the money made from transfers that season.

In my Athletic Bilbao I want to become the best team in Spain, breaking the El Classico stranglehold on the league, and dominate europe in the future.

I'm managing Runcorn Linnets ATM.
g.gif

There are many different aspects of the game I find thrilling:

Finding an out-of-contract superstar before anyone else does
Perfecting a tactic
Coming back from 3 down to win 4-3
Taking a team from obscurity to fame and fortune
And, sometimes, just managing to hold onto my **** job!

Buying a 16 year old for really cheap and devolving him into a superstar!

For me? Discover new Kids and develop them to become world class players.
And pick up a team of lower leagues and transform them into good teams

Definitely finding a youngster, and bringing him through the academy, and eventually into the first team and seeing him fulfil his potential!

I like going into a new team and transforming them. Currently finished my second Udinese season and a few players leaving and selling a few. Got just enough money to re-build.

Love to see how the team turn out. After my wheeling and dealing

You stay classy......

I haven't got the time or patience to play 10+ seasons in a game, so for me, taking a small team to the top isn't something that interests me, I prefer taking control of bigger teams, like my beloved Man Utd and trying to go on unbeaten seasons and such. I wouldn't say its so much about satisfaction in all honesty, it's just good fun more than anything.

gettin kids through my youth system and turning them into superstars and watching them conquer the world and then retire a legend

I am one of the small teams to stardom people. I have never had any joy managing a large team at all. My satisfaction comes in taking a team with an average salary of maybe 8K/wk and being very competitive in a league where the averages are 4-8X as much. Winning the Premier league of whatever country I am in at the time is the ultimate goal but I am happy with a team that performs consistently and creates opportunity for its younger players that I have developed.

As far as what gives me the biggest rush, what keeps me coming back over and over, it is easily the scouting/uncovering of diamonds in the rough that I beat everyone to and watching them develop into star players.

Back