craiigman

Reaction score
So in my last game I played vs Birmingham in the Carling Cup and won 2-0 comfortably. However when I saw how many shots I had (27) and how many I had on target (9) I had to look closer as I am having trouble creating better goal scoring opportunities anyway. But this one was just a little too much.

Well it looks like Mr Schurrle is just hitting an hoping from anywhere:

xum2Y51.png

But as you can see, he did score one. I think it was his first shot as well, so maybe in this game you can understand, but he does it all the time. His play setting is set to "Sometimes" rather than never. I mean he does have 16 long shots and 15 finishing. Surely he should be producing better than that with those stats?

Anyway before I just tell me rarely take long shots, as they do come in handy at times, I was thinking about changing PPM. I have 3 options, not sure what I should use:

- Restrict number of long shots
- blast the ball into the back of the net
- place his shots into the corner of the net

Now on first thought, the top option makes sense, but like I said, it's always nice to have a player who can whack one in randomly. So would either of the other 2 actually help with his long shooting? I mean long powerful shots or long placed shots. Would either of those work or should I just ask him to stop shooting from range?

Place shots would be best, maybe get him to try through balls often - otherwise you will just have to resign that the bloke hits it from 250 yards out - Ledesma at Middlesbrough is a hopeless case.

Getting someone who has 16 in long shots to stop shooting is probably impossible.

Place shots would be best, maybe get him to try through balls often - otherwise you will just have to resign that the bloke hits it from 250 yards out - Ledesma at Middlesbrough is a hopeless case.

Getting someone who has 16 in long shots to stop shooting is probably impossible.

I've tried Place shots with both my shooting coaches now and am getting "Schurrle already has enough about his game and I can't really see him being able to add to it at this stage.

I guess he has too many PPM's?