Don't forget to assign each player duties, and the duties need to be compatible with your play.

So consider what position description (box-2-box, winger, poacher...) suits which player best, then does that role fit intended game play?

How do I do that? How do I find out what duty suits each player?

Go to your Team Page [click on club name ;)], that'll come up with your 1st team players list.
Sub headings near the top of the page [Players] [Tactics] [Fixtures] [Backroom Advice] [Training] [Coaches]
clicky-clicky on [Tactics] and you get the player list plus team setup.
Fill out your team with usual line up, then click on an individual player on the 'field'
on the left you should have 'Instructions (position)' below that 'Role' 'Duty' and below them the players attributes
change the players Role or Duty and you'll notice different sections of the players abilities are highlighted. These highlights are showing you which attributes are most important to that positions Role and Duty.

If you have a player in a position where his highlighted section for that particular role whose attribute/s are low, then they'll not be best suited for that role.
Find the Role and Duty that best suits, and query if that suits your intended game play. If it doesn't, you probably need to adjust your game style, or attempt to train the player to suit the Role better... or purchase/loan someone more suited.

In Player Duties theirs a myriad of choices to make. But what do they all mean, what effect does it have and what Player Duty should I apply for each position? For example is it wise to tell the Central Defenders to 'Run With The Ball" or is it wise to tell players to "Roam From Position"?

An of course we have to attack and defend both corners and set-pieces. How should I set this and who is best to do what?

Ron's Special Tactic for Total Victory's

- Fm 2010 v3
- Free Agents Mod

View attachment 258403View attachment 258402View attachment 258401

As you can see i use a special "442", with swapping strikers (both swap position between eachother)

There is no cheating corner tactic used, yet i manage to score alot with cornerkicks to the far post from the right, and near post from the left.

Ofcourse, with this kind of material it is hard to lose, but still. 38 total victories in competion, and almost all victories in Euro, LC and FA Cup is still some achievement ;)

12 goal conceding, wow.wingers - inside forwards?
can you share a tactic? interest corner trick
---

i now trying to create solid 3-5-2 formation in my Reditch game)

Last edited: