What tactics to use with fast squad

• Thread starter Thread starter Westy199
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

Westy199

Reaction score
I am making a team with the likes of Walcott, biabiany and agbonlahor (all very quick players) but am really stuck with what tactics to use! I want to play a 4-2-3-1 formation with lots of through balls that these players can run onto and hopefully leave the opposition standing. Any ideas on how to achieve this.... Also any other suggestions for quick players would be good!

Instead of a 4-2-3-1, I'd go with a 4-1-2-2-1, using an anchorman at DM and a deep-lying playmaker and advanced playmaker at MC. Have your defenders and DM pass short, then have the DLP and AP more direct with through balls often. I wouldn't use an AMC because he'll receive the ball too high up the pitch. You want your playmakers in the center of the field, playing longer balls for your speedsters to run on to.

Your wingers would ideally be inside forwards and your striker should be set to poacher with the target man - run on to ball setting.

Obviously you'll want to play with a fast tempo, decent width and tick the counter attack box.

You could look at Raikan's Swoop There It Is or Koflok's Goals Galore for ideas.

Pretty much what Sparty said, but just a few additions.

If you have a quick CM, set him as a box to box (or at least set his run from deep to often), and let the DLP deal with distro. Playing with quick players is all about playing on the break, so you want as many players rushing forward at once as possible. Similarly, you'll want offensive fullbacks running from deep often (this also helps with the lack of width inverted wingers creates). The anchor man, CBs, and playmaker all need to stay very deep. You'll want the CBs and Anchor Man to have passing set to very short (unless they have 15+ in passing, creativity and decisions), and the DLP to long, with through balls often. The offensive set up depends on the players at your disposal, but as a rule of thumb, adv forward or poacher will be best as you don't want them dropping deep.

Another option to consider is to play with 3 strikers rather than 1 striker and 2 wingers, with the 2 wides strikers set to specifically mark the corrosponding fullback to stop you getting overrun in defense (you have to set specific marking in match, but you can save it after, then re-load it after the match and it will stay like that). But again, depends on players.

Cheers for the advice, Walcott has been pretty awesome with these tactics :)

Back