What to do with my squad?

• Thread starter Thread starter craiigman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 770

craiigman

Reaction score
So my first season in charge of Arsenal I over achieved like crazy! I won the league and UCL. I also made a few signings, both for the future and some for back up/ first team. However with Arsenal there are a lot of players out on loan and a lot of poor youth/ young players. Which is why in this window Arsenal have off loaded like 20 players including young players.

So at the beginning of the transfer window I got my free players in who's contracts had ran out and my players who's contracts had ran out went. Then I went about improving on the squad. My scouts said my left back was my weakest position, which on paper was true, got Santon. I also thought that Jenkinson wasn't good enough cover so got Carvajal as was transfer listed. I also got Berbatov as Fulham got relegated and needed a proven goal scorer (even though Giroud done well).

So yeah here are my transfers in and out:

mPzxHsu.png

srrQRF0.png

UHbyASJ.png

Dortmund paid £6M for Bendtner lol. Although he did score vs me in a friendly :(

But yeah, even after all those outs, this is what I'm left with:

0DYUi1H.png

reserves:

w5trpYf.png

I've played ahead a few times, but didn't save (I won my games so I wasn't doing it for that) because I've tried to sell a number of players, but no one seems to bite and have to resort to free transfers. Which would be all well and good to get them off the wage bill, but I've got like £300K of wages left thanks to getting rid of Podolski, Arshavin and Chamakh and co.

I'm just stuck on what to do with this squad, I've got too many players! I want to give chances to young players this season like Paredes, Fierro, Gnabry and Martins Indi. But I've got so many players that I can't see it happening.

Based on who I've got what would you suggest I do with the squad? I was thinking:

Sell:

Coquelin
Diaby
Gervinho
Monreal/Gibbs?

Loan:

Jenkinson
Miyaichi
Campbell

But even then that's still too many left. And when I played forward to see if I could do the above, I was only getting offers when I offered them at £0 and loans were for back up.

I guess if I want my youth players to come though some of the older players need to leave?

Mind explaining me why you brought berba when you have rodrigo,giroud and walcott? I am not even naming the youngsters.You need to offer these players on 48 months offers.If no one comes than offer them for loan with no monthly fee but wages around 80%.

Your midfield looks solid all you needed was improving the defence.You have too many cb.You need 3 solid cb and one backup max on this game.And i can count 5 solid cb for you in your lineup.Try to sell vermaelen because he is injury prone.

Mind explaining me why you brought berba when you have rodrigo,giroud and walcott? I am not even naming the youngsters.You need to offer these players on 48 months offers.If no one comes than offer them for loan with no monthly fee but wages around 80%.

Your midfield looks solid all you needed was improving the defence.You have too many cb.You need 3 solid cb and one backup max on this game.And i can count 5 solid cb for you in your lineup.Try to sell vermaelen because he is injury prone.

I don't play Walcott as a ST, I use him only only on the wing. I think he played twice up top last season because of injuries/ fitness. And those reasons are as to why I got Berbatov. Last season I had Podolski, Giroud and Rodrigo and I found myself without a fully fit striker at times. Also Berbatov brings experience to the front line and he can tutor younger players.

I probably didn't need him in all honesty. But I also struggled with goals at times so he should bring those as well.

Last season my CB setup was excellent. Koscielny and Per as main 2, with Vermaelen 3rd and Musacchio as back up. But now with Martins Indi I do have too many, you're right. Selling Vermaelen might be best as he is captain but isn't first choice lol. But won't putting my captain up for sale effect morale?

I was thinking of loaning Rodrigo out for this season, but not sure?

You first should tryto sell your deadwood .Loaning out rodrigo might be right but make sure you include the call back clause.Sell your captain it wont effect your team.Choose the right captain than who waas right influence and has been at ghe club for few seasons like arteta.

Back