What to do with Struggling strikers

SmoothJitsu

Reaction score
So in my Valencia save Negredo and Alcacer are really struggling, they haven't scored for like 20 games each (Thank God for Rodrigo) and every like 5 games i try to give them a confidence boost when i talk to them, i keep playing them but no results they just keep struggling (Negredo last 10 games rating is like 6.36 and Alcacer like 6.5), but then Rodrigo is one of the league's top scorers and has great avg rating so i know it's not from the tactic.

How can i make them score again?

So in my Valencia save Negredo and Alcacer are really struggling, they haven't scored for like 20 games each (Thank God for Rodrigo) and every like 5 games i try to give them a confidence boost when i talk to them, i keep playing them but no results they just keep struggling (Negredo last 10 games rating is like 6.36 and Alcacer like 6.5), but then Rodrigo is one of the league's top scorers and has great avg rating so i know it's not from the tactic.

How can i make them score again?

negredo is a beast in this game, try him as a deep lying forward support, and alcacer as an advanced forward. its hard to really help you because i cant really see your tactics.

negredo is a beast in this game, try him as a deep lying forward support, and alcacer as an advanced forward. its hard to really help you because i cant really see your tactics.

i use the striker as a False 9. Negredo started banging them and scored like 10 goals in 12 games or something.. Alcacer just keeps getting worse though

If you use F9 then sell them and buy Dybala or someone more fitting to the role.

My experience with Alcacer as F9 is actually very good. Last season I used him more than usually, because Gabriel Barbosa was injured for some months, and Alcacer did not let me down! He kept banging in goals, and was a lifesaver, and the true reason I managed to win Champions League that season. I train him as F9 also, so maybe that helps a bit extra? I'm not sure.
View attachment 290476

My experience with Alcacer as F9 is actually very good. Last season I used him more than usually, because Gabriel Barbosa was injured for some months, and Alcacer did not let me down! He kept banging in goals, and was a lifesaver, and the true reason I managed to win Champions League that season. I train him as F9 also, so maybe that helps a bit extra? I'm not sure.
View attachment 797252

Lucky man.. he had 1 goal the whole season with 14 starts and 12 appearances off the bench lol

Back