What to do with this "Regen Dates"?

• Thread starter Thread starter emman23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

emman23

Reaction score
This is my 1st FM Pc game ( i played the handheld 2012 versions)...

Im quite far in my save, in 2019.. Now im in March 19 2019, i though i need better regens as my players are getting old and i dont have enough 15-19 yrs old good regens.

So i searched the net and find this "Regen dates", From what i understand, I will scout individual players in youth contracts in the day of regen dates? Isnt that too hard? i know high reward must be done with hard work, but is my understanding correct? ..

How to search the regen? ..

Transfer > Players > Then set parameters "Nationality of said Regen Date, eg. Italian when march 19?" > age is less than 17.. is that how its done?

Im going to take a quick nap as this regen dates kind of gave me headache, not stupid but just not in the mood..Sorry..maybe just played too much FM.. Its the only game i'd played for the past month (atleast 6 hours a day)... maybe its too much lol..Try to play Last of us

Last edited:
These dates are mainly used by those using cheating programs( FMScout) so unless you do that, I would not care too much about them. But if still wanting to take advantage of knowing about them, then look in their U-national teams about a month after or send your scouts to search the nation.

I tend to set the nationality corresponding with the regen date and filter out players over 17, then start to filter to the obvious main attributes for different positions, then send my best scout to look at the most promising looking players.

Example: If I wanted to look at the Italian striker regens I would start to add main attributes such as finishing, composure, acceleration and pace/strength and jumping, then keep lowering the attribute requirement and number of attributes met and send scouts to look the players with high obvious attributes for their age.

It can be very time consuming and tedious but you don't get the best regens without little hard work.

I dont intend to use those tools. So checking U team is good.. Thanks

Your parameters is also what i usually do, but, there are alot of players that i cant see their whole attributes, so if i set finishing, composure and off the ball to 13, i can see some players. But if a player who has 13 in both finishing and off the ball, but his composure is in "fog", he will not be seen in the results. Is there a way around this?

Not that I have found, a lot of players you may just have to take a gamble on them. No risk, no reward.

Back