What would you call a 'good' youth intake?

Reaction score
Just wondering, what dose everyone here consider a good youth intake.
I hear a lot of people complaining about poor intakes and I'm wondering if they're just expecting too much.
What's the average intake that you get and do you find you get more good ones than poor ones?

I think the biggest problem with youth intakes are most people looks and see that they only have 2-3* PA players and decide they are **** without looking at their stats.

Obviously it depends on what club I am at, but my intakes are fairly decent. On my Chelsea save in 2020 something, I usually get at least 2 youth players a year who end up making it into my first team a few years down the line

I would say a good intake, IMO, is if I have someone who is either a "Good" player or a "Leading" player for the division I am in, or possibly more, as that would signal to me that he would be quite good, especially as I'm always at big clubs. :)

I always take a look at the stats first, then other key stuff e.g. personality bla bla bla, he could have a 2star PA but i'll still add him up and train him as well as I possibly could.

If I can get just 1 player who could potentially be a first team squad player I'd consider it a good intake. That's because the average intake I get, even with clubs with good youth setup like southampton, are usually garbage. Even if a player has potential, most regens often have a huge weakness in 1 or 2 attributes that ruin them.

I think it's good though. realistically, wonderkids dont join top clubs at 14, 15 years old anyway. What annoys me and isnt realistic is having to pay 10+ mil for a 15 year old.

Back