The link list....

7 Include VAR/goal-line technology

6 Improvements to the match-engine

5 Reserve team/youth team management

4 Temporary appointments

3 Meddling owners

2 Create your own stadium

1 Better looking regens

5+ 4 + 2 - SI have already confirmed these will never be in.

7 - Maybe

3 can happen

1 + 6 are improved (mostly every year).

Really wanted to have the ability to be the caretaker manager. It allows you to get experience before looking to manage a big club. but reading wkdsoul's reply, seems like i am going to be disappointed again.

Hmmm...

1. More of a history for your character. What we have right now is half baked. "Professional player"(REgional)" doesn't tell anyone what clubs my character played for and when. This would have an impact on people's perceptions of your character. Plus any previous coaching experience.

2. The "Generate a son" feature is also half baked...we should be allowed to set up such a character if we wish.

3. Secondary nationalities should at least be acknowledged.

4. Possibility of appropriate media work while unemployed? When sacked, you can say "I might do some punditry work" but you don't get the opportunity to do that.

5. Setting up a base for while you're unemployed(which can be changed). If your primary nationality is English and you get fired from a Scottish club, that doesn't neccersarilly mean you're going to bolt back south of the border immediately, so being asked if you're going to "stay in England" is stupid.

6. When unemployed and declaring interest in a job with an insecure manager...you should not be asked about the "vacancy" at that club.

Agree with Cookie - the idea of temporary management would be a great addition. I would have thought it's happening often enough in real life for SI to consider it...some managers seem even to have made it a speciality!!

The only specific thing I can think of is around the manager stats - for example, I'd like to be able to see manager records against other teams and specific managers.

Also...do kits change throughout the game?? I don't think I've ever seen, even when managing the same club for 20 odd seasons, new kits come in...but I do play it on a low level detail at the moment, so I may not notice it.

i've been playing soccer management games right back to Championsip Manager 1993 and we need to move forward with just improving bits here and there
i totally agree with Cookie1 and Edd1920, temporary management would be a awesome addition cos that's what they do in reality and if the game is meant to be based on this, then we need to add this

i've been playing soccer management games right back to Championsip Manager 1993 and we need to move forward with just improving bits here and there
i totally agree with Cookie1 and Edd1920, temporary management would be a awesome addition cos that's what they do in reality and if the game is meant to be based on this, then we need to add this
The option to be a 'Caretaker Manager' could be good.

Agree with Cookie - the idea of temporary management would be a great addition. I would have thought it's happening often enough in real life for SI to consider it...some managers seem even to have made it a speciality!!

The only specific thing I can think of is around the manager stats - for example, I'd like to be able to see manager records against other teams and specific managers.

Also...do kits change throughout the game?? I don't think I've ever seen, even when managing the same club for 20 odd seasons, new kits come in...but I do play it on a low level detail at the moment, so I may not notice it.

Kits don't change automatically but you can do it manually. That can be quite a lot of work if you want to do it for all teams but if you're just doing it for your own team, it's straightforward enough by just replacing the .png files in your Graphics/Kits folder.

To my knowledge, nobody is offering a service providing custom 3D match engine kits but if you have the In-Game Editor, you can make your own basic versions.

I would love the chance to be a coach, get more hands on approach on coaching ( change how it works as its pretty lackluster atm, just get stars and as many coaches u can get)
advance in the job. (u18 manager, u23 manager, first tim manager) (coach, assistant manager, potential first team manager if you wish)
i would totaly love to be able to discuss transfers with a main coach, give recommendations and depending on personality or relationship have influence towards that. I mean if we can choose any job with no limits to what we can achieve it would make more sense to have year 2030+ saves instead of now u can win everything without losing after 3-5 seasons depending were you start :/

make own stadium is meh for me tbh, it has nothing to do with beeing manager... but we want director or chairman job to be avaible?

Also the most provocating i find in 2018 atm is the player conversations were have max respect for a player and he scores own goal and direct red card, and if you criticise him he cry and want transfer and it influence squad to much even tho you have legit reasons for criticism. Same goes with new contracts. players have jsut signed new contract 6 months ago and start crying ofr new ones.. i get the odd player owoulds but in my liverpool save i had van dijk, salah, fekir, sane, fabinho, keita and a few more do that quite often. nowq i cant raise the salary more and they are unhappy earning about 15mp each and i cant raiose my finacnes fast enough to keep up with it lol. sure like henderson want to be transferlisted becasue he aint getting new contract beeing 2nd choice as CM, but no club want to sign him he alrdy has a 5 year contract and the best offer include me paying 9mp of his wages as selling club.... wtf i would do that every month for 5 years wtf...

if i try to be hard *** say no u just signed etc they feel im unprofessional and want to leave so im revamping squad. got harry kane on 10mp and setting that as max wages. problem.. .fekir worhjt 70mp highest bid i get is 30mp, van dijk worth 60mp highest bid 4.5mp xD see the red line here?

work to do guys!

Kits don't change automatically but you can do it manually. That can be quite a lot of work if you want to do it for all teams but if you're just doing it for your own team, it's straightforward enough by just replacing the .png files in your Graphics/Kits folder.

To my knowledge, nobody is offering a service providing custom 3D match engine kits but if you have the In-Game Editor, you can make your own basic versions.

Seems fair enough if you can be be bothered to faff around (generally, I can't) but I'm slightly surprised it's not a built in thing to the game that the kits change every couple of seasons...even if its just on the club info pages.

I remember playing a very old management game - not CM or FM I don't think - where you could choose the kit and, depending on whether the fans liked it, you would get more or less merchandising money!!

The new match engine, please. Pressing options, setting triggers, timings, etc.

3D engine needs way more animations. They have come really far in this regard, but this is a lot of stuff that still looks really weird, when its not the ME doing something goofy but just how the 3D graphics show it.

Editable stadiums. Properly editable, so we can add tracks around the pitch, full closing roofs, etc. I know they can't have a lot of stadiums look like the real stadiums for licensing purposes. But no different than being able to add more logos, faces, etc.... give users the ability to adjust them.

Much wider variety in media interactions.

Refine scouting. Again.

More control over training. A full training revamp would be nice but it sounds like Miles just shrugs that off with "no one bothers with training", which is partly because its currently so limited.

Not that much impactful gameplay-wise, but I think it would ve a nice touch if players could develop a preferred number or have their current one changed.

So let's say you have this talented striker. Not quite there yet but has potential. So you give him the chance, he develops, he shoots you towards the CL title and he makes a name for himself internationally. All while wearing number 17. After the succesfull spell at the club, he gets a preferation for 17 as his number as a 'talisman' as sorts.

Y'all probably laughing at me, but I think it'd be a fun touch.

Some of the thing that I wish for:

1) Better animation with the 3D Engine. Such as when my player shoots, I don't what to see "Nearly miss the goal" when the ball ends up close to the corner flag than the goal.

2) Options to do with your salary. Either funding coaching course for yourself or for coaches or whatever to do with your money.

3) Better interaction with your players. My favourite part is when I praise them for scoring a hat-trick and they tell me to **** off.

4) As everyone said being a caretaker manager or coaching U-whatever team.