What's a fun BPL team to be? I'm stuck on making a new save.

• Thread starter Thread starter mikes2k9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

mikes2k9

Reaction score
Bored of my Liverpool save and I feel like I need to start fresh, any ideas on what team to be?

Cambridge United - can you take them to the premier league where they nearly got to before? Back to back promotions from Div 4 to Div 2, sitting top of that league at Christmas. But managerial tactical rigidity kept us from making the first ever premier league, losing in the playoff final. Financial problems and poor board decisions and we've found ourselves struggling in the blue square prem.

There's all the infrastructure of a league team here, reasonable stadium and decent youth set up for the level. A young starter squad, but you'll want to get rid of a lot of dead wood.

History of Cambridge United F.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can you do what was within their grasps 20 years ago?

I'm thinking of doing it myself, haven't done a Cambridge Save since FM10

QPR should really be a fun team to be in the league. They have some real quality players, and you could get them top half or Europa League (if not better) in the first season. I would go with QPR :D

put FC united into the Blue Square North. then try knock the Glazer's off their perch...

Cambridge United - can you take them to the premier league where they nearly got to before? Back to back promotions from Div 4 to Div 2, sitting top of that league at Christmas. But managerial tactical rigidity kept us from making the first ever premier league, losing in the playoff final. Financial problems and poor board decisions and we've found ourselves struggling in the blue square prem.

There's all the infrastructure of a league team here, reasonable stadium and decent youth set up for the level. A young starter squad, but you'll want to get rid of a lot of dead wood.

History of Cambridge United F.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can you do what was within their grasps 20 years ago?

I'm thinking of doing it myself, haven't done a Cambridge Save since FM10

Now I know which team to start with when the new patch comes out!

I am playing a little LAN game (Yes through the internet on steam) but its LAN since I play with my house mate.

I am QPR and he is playing Fulham. We have only got through the first two games, taken it slow during the pre season, all the bugs dont help. QPR lost their opening game to Man U, but beat wigan 1 - 0 in their second game. Fulham have managed a draw and a win so far.

I'm enjoying QPR, some decent quality players and a bit of a budget (4 mil) Also managed to sell Cisse to Chelsea for 8.5 mil. (6 mil of that over 48 months) not sure if this is a bug, but ill claim it :-)

Last edited:
Back