boonie09

Reaction score
whats the best tactics to play in football manager 2010

no tactic is the best it all comes down to what team you are, what players you have and so on

i ment for man city i play 2 defensive mids then an AMC AMR AML and 1 up front do you think this is best for man city

Last edited:
Why don't you just play an attacking 4-2-3-1.

If you are a bit more knowledgable, then you'd make Tevez the one upfront and create what is called a false nine.

ive gt tevez up front and wats a false 9. ive got de rossi and cambiasso as dm ashley young aml milner amr and silva amc. so it is 4-2-3-1. can some explain a false 9 for me

basically play tevez as trequartista which drops deep dragging the centre halfs with him this leaves lots of space behind for your inside forwards to run into tevez is your false nine

He will score but i would think your inside forwards will bag most of the goals if youre using tevez as your false nine

ok thanks mate this is my 1st team see what u think.

hart
boatang
bale
chellini
mexes
de rossi
combiasso
millner
silva
ashley young
tevez

do you think that good enough to win league

ok thanks mate this is my 1st team see what u think.

hart
boatang
bale
chellini
mexes
de rossi
combiasso
millner
silva
ashley young
tevez

do you think that good enough to win league

Yes ^^)

what tactics do you all normally use?
i created several tactics on my own, taking advices from websites and reading guides..
of course there are no best universal tactic fit for all, i believe its situational :)
i have several of my own,wanna see them and give me feedbacks?
i would be glad if anyone ever want to use my tactics too, if that would ever help..

@boonie09: and yes your squad is good enough, maybe too good because of the link between cambiasso and d rossi...adequate pass skills and defensive to a certain degree..good combination :)

what tactics do you all normally use?
i created several tactics on my own, taking advices from websites and reading guides..
of course there are no best universal tactic fit for all, i believe its situational :)
i have several of my own,wanna see them and give me feedbacks?
i would be glad if anyone ever want to use my tactics too, if that would ever help..

@boonie09: and yes your squad is good enough, maybe too good because of the link between cambiasso and d rossi...adequate pass skills and defensive to a certain degree..good combination :)

It depends mate..
Say if you start a save with a side.. look generally where there strengths and weaknesses are for example if your team had particularly bad full backs you could consider using 3 central defenders, and if your team has lots of good strikers it is better to play 3 upfront to get the best out of your squad,, this is how i choose on tactics for my teams

Absolutely, we have to adapt the tactics towards our squad members..but the main tactic used are not always give you the edge to all the games,we might still lose some games..especially if we are using the lower tier teams, fighting the top teams will cause our teams **** D: we must keep adapting to opponent tactics :)

It happens to me several times, as im currently using sunderland..and u know they dont have the best squad in the league :(
leading 2-1 in a match against chelsea at 76 mins..then the AI manager switched to 3-2-5, brigingin in their wingers and additional strikers..and happened those five forwards are:

Drogba Cassano
Malouda lampard ribery (no kidding! they bought ribery T_T)

ended up in 2-3 loss on my side..

Also the thoughts of keep changing the tactics will cause your squad to be unsettled in the play style,causing confusion :(

;)
Absolutely, we have to adapt the tactics towards our squad members..but the main tactic used are not always give you the edge to all the games,we might still lose some games..especially if we are using the lower tier teams, fighting the top teams will cause our teams **** D: we must keep adapting to opponent tactics :)

It happens to me several times, as im currently using sunderland..and u know they dont have the best squad in the league :(
leading 2-1 in a match against chelsea at 76 mins..then the AI manager switched to 3-2-5, brigingin in their wingers and additional strikers..and happened those five forwards are:

Drogba Cassano
Malouda lampard ribery (no kidding! they bought ribery T_T)

ended up in 2-3 loss on my side..

Also the thoughts of keep changing the tactics will cause your squad to be unsettled in the play style,causing confusion :(

You, in that situation need to adapt to what their doing, set time wasting very deep defensive line, slow tempo etc.. make substitutes to keep legs fresh, i quite like having a home tactic which i use at home and when im expected to win.. and an away tactic which is more defensive to use against the likes of chelsea;)

in 12 games ive not conceded but i keep winning 1-0 most time lol

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

do u think i should play fluid or balanced

:D

and i made few changes in my sunderland too haha..in 2nd season now, got few names that will almost never be in sunderland squad lol

Beckham -- sign him for free as his contract will run out soon in first season
Deco-- sign him in 2nd season as chelsea did very poorly and he wants to be transfer listed
Paulo ferreira-- same case as deco
Nani-- unbelievable, for measly 6m u can get him..dont know what is ferguson thinking, lol
Van der vaart-- always transfer listed for every new game i made, poor guy

and with the current squad with some names that are good enough such as lee cattermole, anton ferdinand, craig gordon, phil bardsley, michael turner (not too bad), darren bent, lorik cana and kenwyne jones..

what do you guys think? will never have this sunderland in real life right? lol..