Whats the best way to bring through wonderkids

Pinorin

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here, i've started a season with blackburn for my sins and have a couple of wonderkids and have managed to buy a couple more.

What is the best way to bring them through these days?
  • Leave them in the under 23s and give them sub appearances?
  • take control of the under 23s
  • loan moves?
  • Heavy or average training
I don't want them to stagnate, ideally they should become a lot better by the time im in the championship or even the bottom of the PL...

Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Give them game time if they're over 18.

Give them some game time off bench and start them in cup games if they start playing well throw them in from start in league games

Tutor them, and give them game time. IF you can't do it, loan them out. But only to clubs in leagues you've loaded. And in them, only to clubs which have facilities along Excellent and better. Make sure they're a starter, Rotation and below is useless, might as well keep them with you if your facilities are good enough.

Parroting the others here, but play them.

Age matters. To go a bit further with WJ's point, SI has said that playing competitive football becomes a bigger requirement for a player to develop at 18. Prior to that, aspects such as facilities, coaching, etc, have a bigger impact.

The best success I've had with young players has come from playing them. Every wonderkid I've developed on the last few versions has been thru giving them matches. Your club level matters, obviously. Its easier to give matches to a 17 year old if you play in a smaller league than if you play in La Liga, Prem, etc. At a lower level, a talented 16 year old can be a key player for you side. At that age, there is a risk of overplaying them but I haven't had it backfire on me yet.

Loaning can certainly work, but there are a lot of factors to consider. You want them to be at a competitive level for this current development, playing regularly, and preferably at a club with good facilities. If you have a reasonably talented 18 year old loaned to a smaller Prem club were they good enough go get regular matches, there isn't much point. Loaning means losing control of tutoring and PPMs, so I personally tend to keep them at the club until they hit a point where they absolutely need matches and I simply can't accommodate that.

No reason to keep them on average training unless they are very injury prone. Keep them on heavy and just watch their fitness and the medical center.