Whats the difference?

boogaloochimp

Reaction score
Short passing with the instruction "get the ball forward" or Direct passing with instruction "retain possession"?

Why would you even attempt those 2 combinations?
They are contrasting ideas, you would play short passing to retain possession and direct football to get it forward!!! :@

Why would you even attempt those 2 combinations?
They are contrasting ideas, you would play short passing to retain possession and direct football to get it forward!!! :@

I think he just wanted to know. Anyway, I use the shouts like that. If my main approach is a slower possession based one and I feel that by moving the ball quicker and using more space will help me drag the opponenst apart, I get the ball forward and vice versa.

I think he just wanted to know. Anyway, I use the shouts like that. If my main approach is a slower possession based one and I feel that by moving the ball quicker and using more space will help me drag the opponenst apart, I get the ball forward and vice versa.

It wont be very effective in comparison to using a direct approach to compliement the get the ball forward shout

It wont be very effective in comparison to using a direct approach to compliement the get the ball forward shout

Well, that is only correct when the best approach actually is to play à very direct ( almost longballs) approach. No approach is better than the other as such. If he wants to play à Narrow, slow, short passing game and feels- after looking at the game flow- that à slightly more direct approach, using à little more Width and in a bit higher tempo, then using " get ball forward" is the natural choice and much, much better choice than to play direct AND use get ball forward.

Back