Wheels falling off

• Thread starter Thread starter stewafc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

stewafc

Reaction score
I'm in the 4th season as Wrexham in league two, first season in BSP I got promoted due to play-offs. First season in L2 finished 17th, second season 14th. I changed my tactics completely and brought in a few new players. Started the league brilliantly and by the 20th game I was top of the league by 9 points. I havnt changed my tactics, i had a few minor injuries but nothing major but the results have stopped coming in....why??
I see people say that the opposition team knows how were going to play but I don't believe that and I should change my tactics? That tactic has had me top of the league all season! What do people suggest as I need to get out of this league and quick!

Thanks.

What people say is actually right mate, I couldn't believe it at first, however after witnessing it with my West Ham save, tweaking the tactics slighty, bringing the odd fresh face in and improving the backroom staff seemed to turn fortunes around. I was top of the league come January, 14 points clear come to think of it and then all of a sudden defeat to Millwall sparked a run of 6 games without a win. So I tweaked the tactic so we played a little more defensive hitting teams on the counter-attack, brought in Chamberlain and Sturridge on loan and also added a few new coaches. In addition I held a team meeting to change the fortunes around, got a good reaction and ever since picked up some vital wins, scoring left right and centre, eventually lifting the Championship title. Good Luck!

well i play this game for 15 years now and i can tell you i just conceeded a 10 point advantage to Man City( i am really starting to hate this team). It is because I was not flexible enough-wanted to use the match prep time for developing my players :(

You say you did a complete turn around of the tactics.. Did you give your team a chance to get used to playing a totally different way?

I was 23 games in and top of the league by far without changing the tactics, then things went dismal and couldn't pick up a point from anywhere. Iv'e just held a team meeting and only got 3 positives which is a bit disapointing. I play a 5-3-2 with the wing backs attacking and counter the style balanced and counter attack. I'm going to keep the formation the same but change the style of play etc? I'll let you know how I finish the season.
manutdfc - resigning isn't even a consideration! I'm determined to get Wrexham into the championship at the very least but is very hard with 1.1 million in debt, 20k a week wages allowed and we don't own the ground pay 150k rent a year and 30% gate reciepts. Not good - but a **** of a challenge!!

I was 23 games in and top of the league by far without changing the tactics, then things went dismal and couldn't pick up a point from anywhere. Iv'e just held a team meeting and only got 3 positives which is a bit disapointing. I play a 5-3-2 with the wing backs attacking and counter the style balanced and counter attack. I'm going to keep the formation the same but change the style of play etc? I'll let you know how I finish the season.
manutdfc - resigning isn't even a consideration! I'm determined to get Wrexham into the championship at the very least but is very hard with 1.1 million in debt, 20k a week wages allowed and we don't own the ground pay 150k rent a year and 30% gate reciepts. Not good - but a **** of a challenge!!
How many tactics have you trained? 1 or 2 only? this is not serious mate! try and put something with wingers and you'll see the AI buckle with what you have to offer more often

1st or second all season and with 6 games to go I end up finishing 4th!! 2 points outside automatic promotion! Lost 5-4 on agg to Stockport in the play-offs. Still not a bad season considering we were predicted 10th. Still annoying though! Unbelievable!! Do you suggest I train two completely different tactics and formations? Or keep to one formation but with a different style of play and instructions? I need to get this right for next season! Thanks guys

i never have same formations in match prep. you can train 3 diferrent formations and swap instructions from one to another without losing the level of acomplishment of the newly formed this way tactic.

Train 3 formations, use them all in friendlies so that your team knows what they're doing and then buy the players you need to make sure that your team is flexible enough to play each formation whenever they need too.

You won't have just 1 formation on the go, whatever one you choose to use a main formation doesn't become predictable and you won't have to suddenly make your team play a formation they haven't practiced.

Back