• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 874

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan says Liverpool's call for clubs to sell their own television rights would 'kill off half the Premier League'.

More...

I agree, Premier League would be just like La Liga.

Even though i like Liverpool, he's right. It would be the same as La Liga.

It was only international rights, and it was only an idea.

But it's understandable that he's ******** himself, nobody from outside of England watches Wigan so they will lose all their money. Cue the Wigan fan backlash [of one ;)].

*Angry Face* GRRR!

Just kidding, :wub: you really. Your purchase of Victor Moses off Palace allowed them to stay afloat for longer. It was a good show all-round: Moses refused to go for a small fee, and Wigan were honourable enough to agree.

Good on Liverpool... from a business point of view.
If you're not trying to explore all new revenue approaches then one can't be doing much of a job. i'm surprised this idea alone has taken so long to bubble up.
I wonder what the driving motive is for this though, finding finances for new stadium?

Good on Whelan and Martinez. Stating the obvious, but it does need reminding.

There arnt many people in football who talk sence on a regular basis but Whelan is one of them without a doubt.

There arnt many people in football who talk sence on a regular basis but Whelan is one of them without a doubt.

Would love someone like him at Goodison once BK leaves. Dam decent bloke on all accounts.

Back