When do you sell your players?

• Thread starter Thread starter England66
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

England66

Reaction score
Do you sell your players often? When is the best time to sell them? I'm looking to sell Rooney as his wage demands are too much going into 14/15 season and there are better players than him come through my youth team and in all honesty don't need him that much. So when do you find the best time to sell players are?

when they dont perform well for 2 consecutive season, had long injury (5 +months), bencher and wants 1st team salary... and find a better replacement.... rooney is beast btw... sell him if you can get a replacement ie lewandowski

I sell them when I dont play them or a big offer comes in. I got Thiago and Benzema on frees with Dortmund a few seasons in. They both played a season, before I got better regens. I then sold them both to Everton (Who had a sigar daddy take over!) Thiago for 30 million and Benzema for 15 million. Nice 45 million profit right there ;)

I personally don't sell players often although right now I'm heading into the January transfer window with two of my purchases have not performed as I had hoped in sixteen months of being at the club. Toying with the idea of selling or seeing out the season with them.
One player, Kevin GroBkreutz he is okay but plays angry all too often and it seems is carded every match. Loses the ball very often (not technically gifted)
Another, Robert Snodgrass is the polar opposite, always nervous, a timid fellow who to me seems very overwhelmed. Come the big match I think he'd crumble. But stat wise and scout reports say (I don't use FM Genie) they seem very good for the three types of role I use wingers for within my systems.
I also had issues with Lloris wanting his wage more than doubled to ?170k a week after one season at the club, I told him no,he reacted badly so I bought Mandanda (release clause) and now just waiting to see if Lloris calms down.
I'm sort of nursing my way through this year really as my youth prospects are still a year to eighteen months away from being anywhere near ready, I have sold Michael Dawson and brought Steven Caulker through as rotation starter behind Kaboul.
I have a fist full of cash but resisted all but one major signing this year, Victor Ruiz (left CB).
So I'd have to say the best time to sell, or list players is the off season. No risk of a player spreading disharmonious vibes mid-season. Buy and make offer for player's at anytime imo.

Yeah, Rooney is asking for ridiculous wages and last year of contract so gotta sell or lose as free next season.

In my save i made a point of selling my best players for profit and buying young players annd repeat the cycle. I sell them when they are 28ish unless a big offer (30m+) comes in before hand. If i get somewhat attached to the player then i don't sell them.

I sell most of my players as soon as they get close to 29, unless they are still key players (E.g. at the moment I still have a 33 year old Arteta playing for my Athletic team).

I have 2 team selections saved - My current best team and my future best team. Any player above 22 that aren't 4 star potential or above I usually sell, or loan out for big monthly fees and sell them later on.

i usually sell my player from the age of 28-31 depending on how quick they get thrown out by regen's in rooney's case it was either him or gotze to go and gotze is just so amazing behind the striker so i sold rooney at 30 years of age for 27.5 mill to spurs its like i've got marchisio at manchester united atm hes 29 years old but is still a 4.5 star rating and is playing awesome atm but i've got a real hot prospect on loan who i think will come back next season and oust marchisio out of 1st choice spot :D

Back