When is a tactic good enough?

• Thread starter Thread starter Montanaro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

Montanaro

Reaction score
in your opinion, when testing tactics, when do you draw the line and say, okay, I can save this tactic and use it in another save as is.

I'm testing mulitple tactics with multiple teams and seeing what results I get. But I'm not sure if looking at results is fair to the tactic.

for me its not just results, its performance. for example i check for pass completion, tackle completion, possession (if you are building a possession based tactic) number of chances creatied, type of chances created, the positioning of my players (are they too forwards, are they offering enough options for the man on the ball). when there is consistency in what im trying to achieve then im happy. But i feel all that can only be looked at if you had a strong idea of what you want from a tactic right from the start.

To be honest I haven't cracked it because there are so many reasons why results could be bad that I'm not sure whether its the tactic or not. Could be motivation, morale, type of players you have, how you play on the day, team gelling, players off form.

Suppose when I feel like I'm having a good amount of possession, scoring a reasonable amount. Also not conceding many.. but if I was to concede I wouldn't be happy if I'm conceding too many goals from balls over the top or teams finding gaps in my team to exploit or even long shots.

Back