Where are all the players? Help please

• Thread starter Thread starter Rorky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

Rorky

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Recently got FM2012 for xmas and love it. Have taken charge of Thurrock in BSS as I thought it's best as a noivce to start at the bottom. The problem for me is that the other clubs keep stealing my players as they're non-contract players and I can't afford to put them on even a part-time contract. I can just about live with it if I can bring in some new (and hopefully better) players, but I can't find any of the decent cheap players that forums mention (like Pablo Counago) or any foreign players from other non-Uk leagues. I've tried the different filters for hours and have exhausted all my options now. I downloaded FM editor last night as I thought this might be the answer, but am not even sure how to upload the players you find in there to the main game. Sorry if I'm being a chump, but could really do with some help please, as I'm just a beginner and getting bashed by the other teams as I cannot get any players I want. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
At the start of your game, you need to put a large database on, and possibly new nations, to get different players. Although this will slow you game down, it vastly increases the number of players avaliable.

Hope this helps!

General Ben is right.

Use a large database. I use also use, add top players from division - (continent) europe. You could try either adding all players from a nation (slows the game dramatically) or just top players from the league.

I would disagree too. As a novice it would be a lot easier picking a big team from the biggest nations: England, Spain, Italy and getting to know the basics (how training works, how formations work, players to release / buy, scouting basics etc.)

When you use teams with low reputation or teams that are low league, you have to scout for a long time finding players to fit your formation. Once you master the basics then increase the difficulty by picking a lower league team to play as.

Back