Where is the fun?

• Thread starter Thread starter Zyvron
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3K

Zyvron

Reaction score
Hey mates,

I've a serious problem: I lost interest in the game. And I do not mean: I never ever want to play it again, but more like: I forgot why it was fun. Most of the time it'll come back but it just doesn't this time. I've finals coming up so you'd think that whenever I have the time to play I would enjoy it, right? Well, I don't. I've tried challenges on here, and the most fun is the 5 times in a row CL/EL. But that becomes boring too. I don't know what it is, because most of the time I have a lot of patience so the length of a game is not a problem.

I've tried new clublogos, new competitionlogos, new kits, extra leagues, custom leagues, challenges. And it just doesn't cut it.

Discuss in this thread what makes the game fun for you, specific challenges/goals you set for yourselfs? Maybe you have a database with some ridiculious modded teams or anything like that. You could post them!

Discuss it all here.

Sorry if there's already a thread like this.

Been plenty of threads like this. I actually lost intrest in it about a year ago. Didnt play the game for 2 months but got fm12 and played it for a bit then. It gets boring when you have a killer tactic and know what players your going to sign before you even start.

What I find fun is playing realistically. Buying no more than 2-3 players a season for modest sums. And the fun is in actually recruiting unknown youths and developing them and your youth team.

i have to admit i felt like this a while ago, and i just didnt want to play anymore, but then i watched football at the pub (City/Utd) and felt like playing fm, i got home and started a FUN save where i cheated for a while like updated finances and things using the FMRTE, and had a laugh but then i started my new and current save, im currently Shanghai Shenhua playing as Anelka as sort of player/coach and ive found the fun back, and i think not using the Wonderkids list on here is so much better also trying to find your own players using your scouts provided. hope this helps mate because its a sh*t feeling

Have you had a go at playing in a league you have actually no knowledge of? I started unemployed and was offered my first job at a second tier club in Argentina. That was definitely a different challenge, no club in the league played with wide players of any kind for starters, 3 at the back, 2 def mids, 2 cm mids 1 am mid 2 strikers was the standard formation. Then there was different league schedules, different rules, different competitions etc

I feel like this too sometimes, but I've started a story, and its based on my life, how I coach currently at semi pro, then receive job offers and then the story can continue how I like. By doing the story, I play a month on the game, then spend some time writing the story, and then play a month and so on. I find it breaks it up enough so you arent constantly playing all the time. Finally I try to make it as realistic as possible, no point being a big team(too easy), by being a lower league side its more tactical and you have to look at loan market or the odd signing, but more or less playing with the original squad you inherit at the start.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys for the comments!

Anybody else have some suggestions?

Maybe I'll look around the editor a bit more. Maybe start a fun save too.

Maybe I should start the Pentagon challenge. Did the 5 CL/EL challenge, why not do the pentagon challenge?

Thanks guys! You helped me with some ideas!

truth is fm 12 has been disappointingg i though fm11 was more fun

If it goes boring do somthing fun like take over man city and buy Heskey, savage etc and have a laugh. Or get editor and edit the names to become ur names or fynnu names. I had the most fun 7 months of fm(got sacked) playing as man city and byuing Heskey, green, and a Bsp prem player for 40 mill and setting them as key players.
Just mess about once in a while and do a serious game between. Worked for me.

Happy to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. It's a horrible feeling, because it keeps screaming my name.

Will play around with the editor, I guess.

Don't know, i rarely play more then few months with each FM edition. Basically once you learn all good players, the wonderkids and figure out what tactics work best, game loses its flavour. Still , few months is not so bad, when you realise most single player games these days can be completed over weekend.

Try some of the custom databases and challenges, i had a blast lately with this one http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/tran...ampionship-manager-2001-02-database-fm12.html .
Playing 2001 Arsenal with Seaman, Veira, Henry, Bergkamp? **** yeah.

Last edited:
The reason it gets borring most of the time is because the AI doesn't build serious squads. They destroy their teams.

The reason it gets borring most of the time is because the AI doesn't build serious squads. They destroy their teams.

Oh snap, I think you just hit the nail (or something like that, right? lol). It is true! My squad becomes superior to others, making my games really easy. As you said: they tend to destroy the squads instead of building them. That's also the reason I never leave a club. Problem is, this is hardcoded in the game and you can't make the managers smarter using the editor :S

Yeah, might be onto something here. Few times i vacationed out few seasons unemployed to see how my old club is doing. Doesn't matter if i left the club with unbreakable squad, the moment AI manager steps in, he sometimes sells half of team and buys complete randoms.

Dudes, I have the same problem for a couple of weeks now. Usually when I get bored of FM it is only for a week but not this time.Maybe I should try a whole new league where I haven't managed a club yet.Any ideas?

Back