Where's all the money?

• Thread starter Thread starter gji1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 780

gji1992

Reaction score
I'm in 2022 and the current financial rankings sees my club Spurs valued at £1.6 billion, City and United at £1 billion then all the rest at £6-700 million.

The likes of Barca and Real Madrid just don't have financial muscle, PSG seem to have stopped big money signings too.

My question is, why is this happening? Why would Bayern/Barca/Real Madrid would be worth only £500 million with **** turn over? They are always in Europe and winning their leagues.

This leads me onto my main point.

How are people getting so much for their players?

I just sold World Player of the year 5 times in a row Depay for £70 million.

That's great but I have seen people getting 1.5x that for players of lesser ability.

This wouldn't be such a bad thing but to challenge myself I like to sell my best players then raise up the next generation of wonderkids.

However, it's near impossible to do because of the following almost always happens;

1) My player has 'wanted' icon all season, gets scouted multiple games and talked about by the big clubs in the media.

2) Despite that, the clubs rarely if EVER offer on the actual player

3) When I do decide to flog them i have to offer them round which in turn upsets the player, I also have to offer around at a stipulated price

4) Sometimes then no-one offers and the clubs then try to ridiculously low ball me, my player falls out with me and then I can't renew contract. I lose him for free/cheap as chips.

I don't get why other people constantly get offers on their best players, is it not working in my favour that I'm by far and away the best team in the world... Causing clubs to feel perhaps pessimistic in their chances of signing my player? Would love to know how people have managed to get £80 million north for a player.

Only constructive or useful feedback please

I've detracted from my main point, so this is the main one summarised... Too many rich clubs lacking financial muscle which is unrealistic and in turn means less options to sell players to.

Last edited:
Back