which laptop for FM13?

• Thread starter Thread starter eastendpar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

eastendpar

Reaction score
Hi

Looking for a laptop which FM will be the only game played on it. Thinking about this one, Acer Aspire V5-571 15.6-inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit). Could either increase to i5, and/or drop the RAM TO 4GB or keep it at 8GB. Is 500gb sufficient memory?

Any techies know if this will be sufficient, generally I only run the uk leagues or 1 or 2 foriegn countries at any one time. Still using FM11 but guess I will be changing to 13 in the not to distant future

Thanks, so is that valid for the lowest spec option (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit), as I guess that will save me a few tenners or is it worth that little bit extra to futureproof it as much as you ever can?

Looking at about £450 for this spec, does that sound about right/bargain/or rip-off to folks?

Cheers

I must say playing FM on a Macbook Pro is amazing!

Expensive mind, but well worth the money :)

Hi

Looking for a laptop which FM will be the only game played on it. Thinking about this one, Acer Aspire V5-571 15.6-inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit). Could either increase to i5, and/or drop the RAM TO 4GB or keep it at 8GB. Is 500gb sufficient memory?

Any techies know if this will be sufficient, generally I only run the uk leagues or 1 or 2 foriegn countries at any one time. Still using FM11 but guess I will be changing to 13 in the not to distant future

You really need a dedicated graphics card to take the full 3D experience. Ive just ordered an Acer but i only have commantary only on, as i like it old school like CM01/02.

Thanks, so is that valid for the lowest spec option (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit), as I guess that will save me a few tenners or is it worth that little bit extra to futureproof it as much as you ever can? Looking at about £450 for this spec, does that sound about right/bargain/or rip-off to folks? Cheers
HP Pavilion g6-2210sa 15.6" Laptop - Red Deals | Pcworld Would personally say thats a better computer for cheaper for the specs youve given mate.i5 processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intergrated Graphics and Windows 8 64-bitIf you don't like that one, still think there are some better deals about though the spec is more than good enough if its FM you are after

Back